1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prudish, Gay America

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Aug 20, 2013.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I couldn't think of a better title.

There's this picture
    [​IMG]

going around the internet with two female Russian gymnasts locking lips after victory -- on the podium. Immediately, the prudes in America labeled it as a PROTEST against Putin's anti-gay policies. The assumption being:

1. Because of the same sex kiss, these ladies are gay.
    2. If anyone of the same sex kisses another on the lips, they are gay.
    3. Anyone doing it publicly, is promoting homosexuality.

Dear ignorant, clueless, PRUDES and gay Americans, just because your culture is one of the most prudish in the world (only the Arabs have you beat) doesn't mean that what you apply to others is a fact.

In Russia, this is COMMON. Even MEN do it! You want proof (don't get too horny here):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I could go on and on... But here's the video of that initial kiss: http://yagg.com/2013/08/18/mondiaux-de-moscou-le-baiser-de-deux-athletes-russes/

See anything different?

P.S. it's not just the women... even men do it, and men of high stature http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/intersection/files/2009/09/14-sovietleaderleonidbrezhnevandeas.jpg

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

In my motorcycle club, it's common for men who are patched to kiss each other, even a peck on the lips. I do sometimes, although I usually kiss on the cheek, not lips.

And these are big, burly cops. Type-A personality men. To us, it's a showing of brotherhood that people are willing to set aside reservations made by society and show a bond that is more than just "hihowyadoin" type greeting.

BigDeputyDog and ethics like this.
  3. ethics

Exactly!!!

4. Copzilla

Either that, or we're all gay...

5. ethics

If this is gay, then yeah, I guess.

6. Copzilla

That was a joke, Leon... We're anything but. We got some amazing women hanging around the clubhouse all the time.

7. ethics

I know. I was saying that if that's gay, then yeah, we are all gay.

8. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

One thing world travels has brought me it the respect of other cultures and traditions.

ethics likes this.