1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proof that Mexico will always be a third world shit hole

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Biker, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Greg

Greg Full Member

I'm having trouble editing my previous post. The forum keeps timing out.

Corrected statement: "Evidently I am the only one here who thinks Mexico and China are NOT going to just shrug off economic threats. They've both been screwing us economically for years."

I'm not referring to anything at all like cyber-warfare or network attacks. I'm referring to trade barriers, tariffs, etc.

For example: "China, if you don't drop your tariff on the import of US manufactured autos, we are going to add the same percentage tariff to Chinese manufactured TV sets (computers, etc.)."

They can't afford that! Not having US as a customer would ruin them. They aren't going to just say okay, we won't sell you TV sets any more. If we are serious about it and they know it, they're going to start treating our auto imports fairly. Same for beef, etc.

Trump is the only candidate who fully understands trade and trade barriers. He's the only one who says he's willing to play tit for tat.

In the end we aren't going to have higher prices on Chinese electronics. We'll sell more autos and other products in China. They *NEED* the US market or their economy will die!

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

For example: "China, if you don't drop your tariff on the import of US manufactured autos, we are going to add the same percentage tariff to Chinese manufactured TV sets (computers, etc.)."

President Jack Ryan thought the same.

3. Greg

Greg Full Member

For those who fear losing cheap Chinese TV, computers and other electronics, which would you rather have? Cheap imports or jobs for Americans?

The tariffs tilt the balance of trade. They charge tariffs on US imports, that tilts trade to favor Chinese buying domestic products. No US tariffs on Chinese electronics, they can afford to pay a cheap labor force to dump products in America that we can't afford to manufacture here.

Which do you want, cheap goods or American jobs?

4. Chad

Chad New Member

Wow, you believe anything you are told as long as it fits your world view. I bet there is no wall. I bet Trump is impeached. I bet China continues to whoop our asses economically and educationally. I bet Mexico continues as is. You are very naive. No, dumb.

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Probably not.

Doubtful. He'd have to screw up pretty badly in order for a Republican majority to go along with an impeachment.

They aren't whupping our asses economically. With their fiddling of their own currency, their economy will most likely implode.

Those in glass houses..................

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I don't always join forms and immediately start flinging poo on the walls for my first post, but when I do I make sure to do it in a ~2 year old thread and respond to a year old post."

ethics and SixofNine like this.
  7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Personal attacks are not allowed here. This isn't MotherJones.com.

ShinyTop likes this.
  8. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Thank god. I'd have to shoot myself otherwise. :lolaway-5:

ethics likes this.
  9. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

Greg is a victim of a drive by posting!!! :rolf-53:

ethics likes this.