1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proof that Mexico will always be a third world shit hole

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Biker, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I'm sure by now, most have heard that "El Chapo Guzman" was arrested. It doesn't matter that drug violence in Mexico is rampant between rival cartels. Especially when you get stuff like this.

[​IMG]

I still say erect a wall along the entire southern border, create a 200 yard kill zone on the south side of the wall, and let the country rot.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

We had the same thing here when Gotti was arrested. Italians were up in arms.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I still miss the Teflon Don--at least had personality. :D

And at least they have a reason:

4. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

You know, the mafia was formed in Italy due to an absence of a legitimate government structure. Chapo same thing. He filled a vacuum, because Mexico politics is pure shit.

ethics likes this.
  5. Chahaha

Chahaha New Member

Mexico might be a shithole but it's USA their main costumer, so USA eats, inhales and swallow all the shit that Mexico makes. Who is to blame?

6. Biker

Nice way to deflect the true topic of the thread itself.

When you have people protesting in the streets for the release of one of the most vicious drug lords in the country, there's something seriously wrong with that country.

Let's keep our focus on the topic, shall we?

7. Chahaha

Chahaha New Member

Mexico has +120 million people, i don't really think that group of protesters (100, 500, 2000?) reflects the colective opinion, now if you run a national poll and everyone supports drug cartel yeah, let's worry

8. Arc

Arc Full Member

Mexico is not a Third World Country. Excepts for parts it's not even close to a shit hole. It's actually overall a beautiful country of diverse geography and great natural resources--which they screw up in how they shape things to benefit from them. The place is so nice and affordable that more and more Americans are either retiring and moving there or for the affluent they are building luxury homes there.

They do have out-of-control violence in certain sections or areas. The victims of the violence are overwhelmingly Mexican.

The cartels exist for several reasons. The first and foremost is the USA consumer demand for their products. If drug consumption ceased tomorrow in the USA the cartels would be out of business and with it so would be the violence.

Now if one wants to talk about illegal immigration that is an entirely different topic. It should be pointed out that even with regards to illegal immigration and the institution of anchor babies the United States is its own worst enemy.

9. ethics

Tom, this isn't unlike how Gotti was celebrated here in NYC. When he was arrested there were protests. There's a lot of stupid people in this world.

10. Greg

Greg Full Member

Biker has it wrong, the kill zone should be the 200 yards NORTH of the border. You can't go live firing into a foreign country without repercussions. Unless you meant to erect the wall 200 yards north of the border.

Arc has it right. It's Mexico's corrupt government and the defective culture that results that is responsible for Mexico's problems. We fucked up in the Mexican-American war when we had Mexico City surrounded and forced them to accept our terms, ceding large tracts of land north of the present border with US in return for backing down. Instead we should have told them all of Mexico is now our America del Sur territory, and informed them we will be installing a territorial government shortly. But we didn't have the foresight to realize what a problem Mexico would become 150 years later.

It's too bad we are so intent on being politically correct, swearing off hegemony. Trump has it right. Maybe Mexico has the American drug trade by the balls, the major player, but we have ALL of Mexico's legitimate trade by the balls (enough of it that without US, Mexico would economically collapse). This is why Trump says Mexico will build the wall. All we have to do is squeeze their balls on legitimate trade (and fuck the dopers) and give Mexico an ultimatum: build the wall or no US trade. Sure as shit they'd build it.

But I would like to take it another step. I say fuck this politically correct avoidance of hegemony. Putin is getting away with it in Ukraine. But we are so sucky in wanting to be the world's nice guy. I got news for you: nice guys finish last. We should just serve notice on Mexico that in our opinion their defective government is incapable of maintaining law and order, and annex the fuckers.

What? You say China won't trade with us any more? No chance of that. We have them by the trade balls too. No US imports from China, China's economy tanks. I think there is a serious chance Putin would laugh so hard he might choke and asphyxiate! ;) Yeah Europe would be pissed. Like they are doing so well... They'd adjust to the "no more Mr. nice guy" US. We'd be your kick-ass nasty uncle, and STFU.

I can't understand why so much of the media doubts Trumps claims that he'd make Mexico or China do this or that. Trump is spot on, realizing what none of the pols realize. US is the giant ape in the cage. Fuck with us and economically we'd stomp your asses. Few but Trump realize that US's economy is a major economical weapon. You can't go around nuking your opponents, but we have been economically victimized by Mexico and China long enough. If Trump gets in, both Mexico and China are due for a rude surprise.

And please note: We are near the break even point of not needing to import petroleum, despite the liberal tree huggers.

Seriously, I think we should just move in and seize Mexico using the excuse that they are major narcotrafficantes and their lands are forfeit. We already have a huge population of Mexican citizens living in the US. We should just take it all. Maybe in 50 years we can make their states the next 31 states of America. IMO it's either eat them or they out-breed here and eat us. US.

Unfortunately Obama has the exact wrong idea: your friendly America. I prefer the image of a nasty America: "Don't fuck with us or you die."

We are going to need more resources and power when we face off with a nuclear Islam. Start working on it now, or buy your Quran and start studying...

11. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I think your jingoism got the best of you. We need to keep illegal aliens out, one reason is that we are going to go broke giving them benefits. Now you want their whole country to become eligible?

Arc and ethics like this.
  12. Arc

Arc Full Member

OK, I just read the above now. With that in mind and regarding your post:

Which arrest and which trial? The guy was arrested, charged and tried several times. He had two things going for him. The fix, and the fact that some of the incompetent prosecutors couldn't have convicted Hitler.

13. ethics

The last one that put him away -- where he died.

14. ShinyTop

I ordered a computer from HP. Saw today that it shipped from Mexico. Made me consider the impact of the annexation demanded above. How many products would have price increases or manufacturers moving further abroad?

15. ethics

My Nissan Sentra, doing a quick VIN search provided it was made in Mexico.

16. ShinyTop

My Hyundai Sport was made in Georgia, so more or less the same. :)

ethics likes this.
  17. Biker

18. Allene

Allene Registered User

I didn't know you had a Nissan Sentra, Leon! I traded mine in for a Honda Civic in May. It was made in Canada.

ethics likes this.
  19. Greg

Greg Full Member

Don't think of Trump's threats against Mexico as driving manufacturing to China or wherever. (Also, China is going to get the same treatment if Trump wins the election.)

Mexico can't afford to turn Trump's demands about the wall down. It's do or die. They have no choice in the matter except to fork over the funds for the wall. If this actually happens, I believe it would be a cooperative venture with US and Mexico, not sticking a gun against their head and pulling the trigger if they don't do it. They can't afford to not do it and Trump recognizes this.

It's going to be the same with China. They are dumping on us. There choices are (1) quit dumping, or (2) we ruin their already sinking economy. Here again they have no choice.

You folks think of weapons as nukes and missiles and aircraft and battle fleets. You are overlooking the damage an economic weapon can do! And the best part, we don't have to actually use it. We just threaten to use it. If they don't start becoming more cooperative we just give them a little taste. That should bring them around.

Evidently I am the only one here who thinks Mexico and China are going to just shrug off economic threats. They've both been screwing us economically for years. They should understand how this works. The only part they haven't gotten yet is when we turn the tables on them.

20. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Greg, I agree.

Our current economic system is like one juggler trying to keep a thousand balls in the air. Dropping even one can have a catastrophic result. In Tom Clancy's Debt of Honor, a planned disruption of the US stock market, coupled with a logic bomb that erased the details of all transactions starting right before the sell-off seriously disrupted the economic stability of the US.

A cousin of Stuxnet could easily wreck havoc on any countries stock market or the entire banking system.