1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems getting something to post at Rick's Place

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Allene, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

Tom, are you there? I tried repeatedly to post something at Rick's Place yesterday and kept getting an Error message about the server.

I tried again today and got the same message. Now I'm going to see if I can post this notice here. If I get the same error message then I'll have to contact you offline.

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

I can post here okay. Here is the message I get at Rick's Place: "The following error occurred: A server error occurred. Please try again later." I tried erasing the message and the header, but every time I go there it reappears when I click on it in an attempt to start over again with a new message.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

It doesn't like the URL you're attempting to post. Send it to me via email please so I can look at it.

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

I fixed it by removing the angle brackets I put at each end of a very long URL that wrapped around two line of text. I thought I was doing the system a favor. Thanks for the pointer!