1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Accessing Forum

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Techie2000, May 14, 2010.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

To the admins:

Not sure if it's an issue on your end but over the past several days whenever I attempt to access global affairs it often times out and I am unable to do so. This will persist for hours at a time.

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Can't speak for the admins, but I've had no problem accessing the site over the last several days.

3. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I haven't had any problems, and don't know of any.

4. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Hrmm. Maybe a problem with my ISP. I will run a traceroute once it occurs again. However Global Affairs is the only website with which this has been an issue. Google, Facebook, etc. all work fine.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

There hasn't been any issues on the server side.

6. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I have two other similar reports (John and Dhom), however the logs aren't showing anything that would preclude anyone getting access. I did notice in the two mentioned cases that the trace routes looked positively atrocious.

7. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I'm getting the same problem periodically. It's probably a bad router in the mix somewhere, or else a bottleneck caused by some spammer or something.

8. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

Same with me, 'times out' virtually every attempt to fire up this site, the ONLY one I have trouble with. Been a problem for a bit over 3 weeks.

My 'Networx' speed meter drops to zero as soon as I click the GA link.

Admin has been very helpful, but can't say the same for my ISP.

SIGH!

John.

9. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Next time any of you have issues, please send me a trace to the server. If it's a borked router in the datacenter where the server is hosted, I'll pass it along to the tech support folks there.

biker at globalaffairs.org

10. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Techie, what browser are you using. This isn't related to the Chrome issue, is it?

11. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

I was thinking the same thing. Although since downloading the new version of Chrome I've only had 2 jam-ups. A big improvement over the previous problems with opening GA pages.