1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Privacy is dead

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Biker, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Not OK, Google

No, not so much the article. We've known what Google's business model has been from the beginning and it's no surprise that they're making an even larger push to get as much personal information from users as possible.

What's absolutely disheartening are the comments. The vast majority make no allusion to having no problem at all in giving up privacy for ease of use.

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

Creepy! The other day I went to look at who was showing on my network. The usual folks from my immediate neighborhood were there plus "NSA Surveillance"! That one hung around for quite some time.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I find nothing wrong with their model. Assume privacy is dead.

4. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

Before I got an iPad with cellular capability, I would carry a mobile hot-spot with me to provide Internet for the iPad.

I named it "FBI Surveillance Van #42" and there were a couple times I turned it on in a fast-food place, then people would look up from their devices and start looking for it.

Someone is playing a joke on you. I hope. ;-)

Allene likes this.
  5. Allene

Allene Registered User

LOL! Mark, I was emailing one of the tech support guys at my ISP a couple of weeks ago when I was having a bit of trouble after switching from DSL to wireless Internet. I mentioned the NSA Surveillance person in my neighborhood, and he told me that that name and variants of it are actually common now. He sees them frequently. Yes, it's a joke, thank goodness.

6. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer