1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Priceshuffle.com is a scam

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

And I can't believe I was one of them.

So you've heard about priceshuffle.com a penny auction site. I went in, registered, did not bid on anything because I've realized most of their auctions are for junk. Left. Few days later there's a charge for 149.75.

Needless to say, I've contacted them and the bank. Fucking a-holes.

I wasn't the only one btw... http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=priceshuffle+149.75+%09&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS350US351&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS350US351&&sa=X&ei=U5PNTKv3KIL88AbI3_HQCg&ved=0CBIQBSgA&q=price+shuffle+149.75&spell=1&fp=b7b968c575c3858f

1 person likes this.
  2. Morg

Morg The ultra-moderate

I went out and checked it out.

Price shuffle.jpg

That the carniest shuffle I've ever seen. The form you fill out is on the right in yellow background while the agreement is on the bottom left among ads. At the top left is an option box for one of two "Bid Packs" with an orange background. One Bid Pack is for $150 (the default) and one for $75. This is also well hidden among ads.

If you can find what state they're in, contact the Attorney General.

1 person likes this.
  3. ethics

Already on it... Check out the reply, tell me they don't know they are guilty:

You purchased 300 total bids when you signed up. The $149.75 charge for these bids is clearly stated on the payment page and in the terms and conditions you must agree to prior to completing the signup process.

You can review the payment page and refund policy by clicking here (you must be logged in):http://www.priceshuffle.com/membership_payment.php

We do have a winning guarantee, whereas if you use all your initial 300 bids, and do not win an item, we will credit you another 300 bids. We guarantee you will win.

We have many auctions ending soon and we ship out a variety of products daily.

We understand that you are claiming you have either filed a dispute or are beginning the process of filing one. Please keep in mind that the dispute process can take up to 60 days for your financial institution to rule in favor of either party. Once we are contacted by your financial institution, per direct instructions from Visa and MasterCard, we will provide them all the appropriate documentation that shows your agreement to the charge during the signup process. The bank will rule in our favor a majority of the time and if that happens, per policy, we will not be able to refund the disputed charge after that point. You may review the purchase page which we will send to your bank to verify that you did authorize the purchase upon entering your Credit Card information.

We are a customer service oriented company and ARE ALWAYS LOOKING TO WORK with you.

If you have NOT yet filled a dispute let me know and I will issue a refund. If you claim no dispute has been filed and we are contacted by your bank regarding a filed dispute, our company may send your account to a collections agency. Also we believe in our site and send great, brand new products out daily at a discount of 75-95% off retail. Right now there is an Ipad for under 11.00 ending in less than 2 hours. There are TVs as well for around the same price. If you would like to use our site (I would, but I cant because I work here) I can offer you 50% off what you paid.

Please let me know how you would like to pursue this issue at this point and always feel free to contact us back with any questions you might have regarding my response or anything else regarding your account with priceshuffle.com.

Email - support@priceshuffle.com
    Phone - 888-716-1621 (M-F 6AM-6PM Pacific Time, Sat and Sun 9AM-2PM Pacific Time)

Sincerely,
    Edward Jones

1 person likes this.
  4. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

I smell a class action lawsuit where the lawyers will get millions and the users will get free bids.

BTW, I checked the site and it appears they have changed their sign-up screen. The first page says nothing about any fees or contracts, that is implied in the FAQ. All the first page wants is login information such as name and address then I assume you go to a second page which I was unwilling to do.

5. Greg

Greg Full Member

You could go on that forever. Or maybe the customer would win a bid some day. Maybe pigs might fly.

1 person likes this.
  6. ethics

Their latest email... I've blanked out my private info.

price.png

7. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

So they issued a refund? If so, then it's NOT a scam.

8. Morg

Morg The ultra-moderate

It IS a scam, Leon just didn't rollover.

9. ethics

Precisely.