1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Presidential Email Oopsy!

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Domh, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Domh

Domh Full Member

http://www.msnbc.com/news/828527.asp

I find that story rather funny.

When you are asking for money, be very very careful how you do it.

Mistakes like this simply cannot be made. Democrats will jump on it (just like republicans would were the tables turned) and its awfully close to an election.

Not-Very-Smart.

:idea:

2. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Am I the only one who feels that all compaign "donations" should be considered bribes? Why is it that donations are even permitted? Why can't we just set up some sort of system where our tax dollars are used to help politicians get their messages out to the people so that we can make educated decisions about how they feel on issues? Then the companies can save their millions of bribe dollars and lower their prices on their products and services.

I know it's not that easy, but I have a hard time with the whole "donation" thing. How about I "donate" money to a judge that is going to be making a decision that affects me or my family? That's called a bribe. But when companies "donate" millions to political parties who MAKE LAWS AFFECTING THOSE COMPANIES, that's called a donation. Go figure.

3. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

Agreed. Good points. It's just a shame that politics gets in the way of government...and it's a damned shame we continue to allow it. They call a bribe a donation. Ha ha. You can call a turd a flower, but that doesn't make it so.

My voice will be heard by them via the polls on Tuesday next.

Peace.