1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premier from the Aussie forum hasn't gotten admitted yet.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Swamp Fox, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Premier

Premier Well-Known Member

I have no doubt about Humans from Earth travelling to other planets, one possibility is to Mars via the Moon where NASA will establish factories, mining Moon soil, utilising the heat of the Sun by Moon day and the extreme cooling at night to process the soil to extract Helium-3 and H2O.

Both will be converted to liquid form and used to power transporters, provide humans with Oxygen and onboard plants, and taken back to Earth to be used in reactors, replacing Uranium, one present day space shuttle cargo load to power millions of homes and businesses.

China calls Helium-3 The Perfect Fuel, Russia is in the race to gain mining rights, we are being kept in the dark.

It's all about not damaging the present economy.

2. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

Neither China nor Russia landed on the moon, and they cannot catch up, not with their aging populations and rigid societies.

3. Premier

I would caution against underestimating China, I have a half-Chinese nephew and a Chinese sister in law and strong connections with Hong Kong spanning decades. Remember that China was a powerful nation when Europeans were in the dark ages, in the 1400s the Chinese sent their diplomats to explore the globe, but in the end decided to reject the outside China world and focus on China, including trade with outsiders at arms length. Clever China is right now allowing capitalism to operate inside a Communist government, they are not stupid.

In Australia I worry about Anglo Saxon children who love the beach culture and who reject higher education (not all) while our Asian migrant (most) population's children work hard to gain education and qualifications to achieve a better standard of living.

Good on them.

Maybe we need to rethink family values and the excesses of capitalism, everything in moderation?

4. Premier

Space exploration and colonisation is inevitable, and I agree that our perspectives will change.

5. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

I really should write a book about this. I say that America will dominate the first half of this century, and I am increasingly convinced that America will dominate the second half, which means this is the second American century.

China's one-child policy means that it will have an aging population, so it will soon go the way of Japan. And, even though it is the longest-running continuous civilization, it never put a man on the moon. Last, but perhaps not least, the Chinese/Asian system focuses on rote memorization and passing tests, not on learning or thinking. Where thinking and initiative is concerned, no one, and I mean, no one, can beat the English-speaking world.

I'm wondering if we should split this thread or start a new one.

6. Premier

Have you ever driven in Hong Kong, peak hour traffic with vehicles heading in all directions, driving left side of road far right lane and at an off ramp turning left across the traffic flow. In other words the drivers do not plan ahead and react instantly instead. Same people do much the same in Oz.

7. Throttlejockey™

Throttlejockey™ Well-Known Member

'ello 'ello 'ello

8. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Welcome!

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Another welcome. [​IMG]

10. Throttlejockey™

Thanks for the welcome and a rather painless sign up process.
    (some here already know me as Scrooge :huh: )

11. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Welcome and g'day! :D

BDD... :{)

12. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

Good to see you here TJ!

13. Eagle

Eagle Full Member

Hi TJ, it's great to see you here and with your old nick. Tis me the "sweet" hillbilly Ares Abani...lol

Can one of you fine aussies find Innocentbystander any where and tell him to get his kind polite self over here?

14. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

G'day, mate. So what am I going to get for Christmas, Mr Scrooge?

15. John R. Beanham

The Tiger Woods account?

16. Throttlejockey™

Christmas?? - bah %$#!#* humbug

nah... hopefully peace on Earth and harmony among man

Hiya Ares :wub:

17. Eagle

Eagle Full Member

18. Premier

Hi TJ, is Scrooge here too?

19. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

So we have more Aussies than Canadians, it seems.

Time for a customs union with Australia and New Zealand.

20. John R. Beanham

Stanley,

How much trade is there between Australia and Canada? Much of what both countries produce and sell is from the farm and the mine. Thus we are competitors in many areas. Even one mineral - Uranium, we control between us the lions share of the worlds reserves.

Neither produce much in the way of manufactured goods that I know of, and your relationship with 'them down south' is vital to you.