1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premier from the Aussie forum hasn't gotten admitted yet.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Swamp Fox, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

I've asked him to post here, but he's having some problems. Thought I'd pass that along.

2. Eagle

Eagle Full Member

Perms, is an excellent poster and a wise man. Hope they get his problems worked out soon I look forward to his post.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Have them try again.

4. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

I've asked him, so hopefully, we can have two sister forums. Who knows, Australia and New Zealand might even ... never mind. :angel:

5. Premier

Premier Well-Known Member

Thank you everbody, and for your recommendation Eagle, I logged on and signed in to see what happened.

:happy:

Swamp Fox the differences between Aussies and Kiwis is that Kiwis are better balanced, they a chip on both shoulders :whistle:

6. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

Well, start posting and tell us more.

7. lamplight

lamplight Well-Known Member

Lol welcome Premier (nemesis on NTB IX) :D

8. Premier

G'Day :thumbsup:

How is the West, here in the East the rain is over but the temperature dropped down under 10 degC last night and there is more rain to come.

Climate Change!

9. Premier

About NZ?

I must be careful when knocking them as I have relatives there, and friends, and one of my grandmothers and my father were born there on the north island. It is a great destination, scenic, friendly and far slower pace of life compared to Australia.

10. lamplight

G'day prem, today, Perth is having 29 degrees Celsius (84F) - big blue sky, minimal wind, beautiful Spring weather - just the day for a barbie - shrimp anyone? :D

I've been watching the weather devastation in the East on the news, and feel for everyone who is affected by floods and wind destruction. Apparently Sth East Qld is copping it at the moment especially with wind. We really are blessed in the West with the best weather in the country, and I don't mean that arrogantly, or take it for granted.

I hope you've been spared any weather destruction prem

11. Premier

Lamplight I live part time in Sydney and more time in the Great Lakes Council District NSW, on the mid north coast. There has been very heavy rain inland and to the north and south of my location but apart from high winds there has been little rain here over the latest storm period. However I drove inland to Gloucester, a town at the base of Barrington Tops where there has been some snow and rain, the beautiful Gloucester River is much higher than normal with some low level flooding in places.

It is sunny here today, a bit windy and just on 20 degC at my desk at this time.

I got excited on Friday expecting the rain to increase, I mowed the lawns and spread fertiliser in anticipation, silly me.

As you may know I spent several years living in SEQ before moving here, when they get heavy rain and even cyclones it can be exciting. I read that Brisbane is again threatened with flooding and that the dams that were so low a year ago are now overflowing, so much for the salt water desalination plants built by the Not Earth Cycles Climate Change alarmists. Sydney has one too. I wonder how they can explain the extremely high power demands for desalination alongside the ban the coal fired power stations Green agenda.

I like Perth/WA, in my business life I travelled there often and during the last twenty something years before retiring the company I managed had a sales office and warehouse in Perth which I visited a couple of times a year, always in early December on the way around Australia and NZ to enjoy a meal with employees and their partners. The only problem with Perth is that the closest big city is a long way away ..... as I understand it Perth is further away from another city than any other Australian city. The other not really a problem is when Western Australians ask if your from The East as if talking to a foreigner. Well they are the foreigners and we Aussies are visiting.

12. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

"Western Staters" are like that!

13. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

What business were you in, Premier?

And any chance of you guys joining the North American Union? John will tell you that's a favorite project of mine. :D

14. Premier

My last and final business was metals manufacturing, a wide range of products from the metals with holes family sold as semi-fabricated material used by fabricators to produce numerous finished products, also various types of walkway gratings, and so on.

North American Union? Please explain Swamp Fox.

15. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

The academicians who study relations between Canada, the US, and Mexico were saying that the three nations would be getting closer and closer, and they would soon join. In fact, an American ambassador to Canada said that, by 2025, both nations would in effect become one (I can't find the quote on the web, but it was there). In fact, the three amigos - being the leaders of the three countries - used to meet once a year, and former Mexican President Fox was openly advocating such a union.

Then the recession hit.

All such talk has died, at least for now. But I think the historical inevitability is there, and, if not 2025, then 2035.

But most other members in this forum think I'm fantasizing.

16. Premier

Arrogant John, they even believe that they could leave the federation and fend for themselves based on Lang Hancock's iron ore discoveries.

:rolleyes:

However, they might be on the right track, it could be one way to rid us of the Green-Labor Coalition, maybe link up with the not-the-South East Queenslanders further north and become the world's largest quarry, and a significant food producer using the northern rivers and the Ord in WA?

We could even commit a Green sin and build nuclear power stations using our own uranium.

The next Two-speed economy, ours and theirs.

17. Premier

Well, I think that you are on the right track, thinking quickly about it. Without wanting to cause any upsets here the border crossing situation has proven to be an almost impossible task to combat effectively from Mexico to USA, and there is already a huge immigrant population in the US I understand.

There are numerous roadblocks and potential hazards of course.

On a much smaller scale Australia and New Zealand have been heading down that path for decades. In the mid-1980s an agreement named Closer Economic Relations was reached and includes free trade and visa free travel between nations for citizens. There has since been dicussion on a single currency. For many decades NZ has sent representatives to Australian Constitutional Conventions, and in the very early colonial days NZ was part of the Australian State of New South Wales. They have scaled back their military and rely on ours with contributions of their own. The Maori people who colonised NZ several hundred years ago are from Hawaii or other Pacific Islands. It is claimed that they ate the people who preceeded them, and the now extinct Dodo birds too.

However, Kiwis are very proud of their independent nation and will resist change. Aussies would be far more receptive. But NZ would get the best part of the deal as they do not have the economic strength of Australia. As it has been explained to me by a former past years Constitutional Convention chairman, NZ would become a state of the Commonwealth of Australia and retain it's then state government together with the system they have or components they choose to maintain.

I think that a Canada-USA-Mexico merger would present many more differences of opinion?

But with due regard for the rapidly changing world we live in, the economic considerations, dangers to our way of life including one religion that expects its followers to colonise and dominate all land areas, there is merit in what you are proposing I believe.

But it wouldn't be easy to achieve it.

18. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

If the 3 nations joined there would be a mass exodus of 30 million Mexicans overnight.

19. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

This is not the right time in history, I'm afraid, but the historical inevitability is there. There is also one very powerful wild card - we're going into space, and, once we do, and once we begin to colonize the other planets, our perspectives will change. That's what I'm hoping for, a change in perspective over the next few decades.

20. lamplight

Ok boys, if you've finished bashing the Sandgroper, yes, Perth is the most isolated city in the world (which is perceived by many as a bonus). As such, we remain a fairly discrete group which is handy for research purposes. We do however welcome a constant influx of 'Eastern Stater's' and 'overseas' individuals migrating/emigrating here for various reasons including lifestyle, weather, employment opportunities, relatively low crime-rate and fabulous beaches, just to name a few of the attractions. I've lived in Victoria and Qld, and find that each state has it's own set of idiosyncrasies and characteristics that add to the rich tapestry of uniqueness that makes Aussie's who they are - no matter which state they come from.