1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-Schoolers Protesting War

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Techie2000, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

http://www.calpatriot.org/

Apparantly some children have taken to protesting the war. It seems that the conservative site I found it on finds it disgusting that children who can't spell are protesting war. But my question is do you have to know how to write in order to be against war?

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Parents expressing their political beliefs through their children, nothing more. The other side does it too as in T-shirts about kicking Saddam's ass on pre-schoolers. Both display more ignorance than political acumen.

3. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

No, you don't need to know how to write. But you do need to have more experience in this world than just playing Power Rangers. I'm sorry, but this is nothing more than parents using their children to express their own opinions. Any preschooler who takes a stand on a political issue is just immitating Mom and Dad.

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I don't think you need to know how to read or write in order to protest - but these kids don't have any idea what's at stake. I doubt their parents know what's at stake, either.

Protesting for the sake of protesting is kinda like voting for the sake of voting - sure you have the right to vote, but if you vote ill-informed or not informed at all, you do more harm than good.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions - we're lucky enough to live in the USA. But with that right comes a responsibility - these children don't even know the meaning of the word responsibility. And they don't know what's at stake if we keep letting Iraw do what it wants.

Do I want to go to war? Hell no - I would prefer not. Do I believe there are other motives behind our current President's push to fight Saddam - yes. But I also understand that if Saddam is not stopped, he is capable of doing crazy things - he's demonstrated in the past what he is capable of. I don't want to see what he's got in store for us now.

I'm a big time believer of diplomatic means of working problems out. Talking is the best way to find a solution, and I would rather talk till I'm blue in the face to someone rather than take a gun up against them. But if I see this person still intends to harm me, I will eventually have to defend myself - either that, or let myself get killed.

These children don't understand that - and neither do their parents. If their parents do understand, and they still oppose war by any means, then these people are walking doormats, who'll let a madman like Saddam destroy our world before using military force to try to stop him. I feel bad for these people because they're blind. And I feel really bad for these children because of how they're being raised.

5. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

It's not much different than when I put flags on graves at the Precidio cemetery on memorial day as a cub scout. We are a reflection of our parents.
    Some hippie family most likely said "look at those war mongers" when they saw us in the news paper.