1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pothead Princess was 2 drunk 2 care...

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Nov 25, 2013.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

Omigosh! I'm speechless--almost! Talk about being self-absorbed to a degree where it's actually sick! I read in the local paper that Washington State is seeing an upswing in people driving under the influence of pot. What a surprise! They voted to legalize it. What did they expect?

3. ethics

To be fair, there's no toxicity report yet and she tweeted that she was drunk not high... But... who knows.

4. Greg

Greg Full Member

To be fair, if somebody causes a traffic accident particularly when people are harmed, and they are high on any drug (or alcohol) then they are doing something very bad.

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yes, they are still responsible. I am having trouble seeing the difference between being drunk and being high. If they both result in impaired driving, well . . . the driver is responsible for those deaths.

6. ethics

The difference is one of politics. Death caused by being under influence? Not so much.

7. Allene

Allene Registered User

We live in an insane world!

8. Greg

Greg Full Member

I don't see any difference between being under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, or any illegal drug or legal prescription drug. If you are high and cause an accident because of that then it's on you.

9. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

Even if you are not under the influence of anything, and you go on to a highway in the wrong direction and cause an accident, you are just as guilty. Maybe that would be considered being under the influence of stupidity.

10. Greg

Greg Full Member

Gawd, if it were illegal for stupid people to drive we would never have any traffic!