1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

post editor, no quote button?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Susan Addams, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

I just noticed, most forums have a button to put quote BBcode tags around selected text. Am I missing it or don't we have one? And if not, why not?

Do we always have to type the quote BBcodes manually?

ETA:

Bonus question: I was just wondering, if I put myself on ignore would I be able to post but I wouldn't be able to see my posts? ;) ;) ;) :p

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Highlight the text you wish to quote and watch the magic.

3. Susan Addams

No Biker, you misunderstood me.

I have an article open in a browser window, my nascent post in another window. I highlight the part of the article, right click, copy. Then I switch windows, click in my nascent post where I want the quote to appear and right click, paste. Now the copy from Commie News or Fox News is in my post.

What next? How do I insert the QUOTE and /QUOTE BBcode tags? So far I have to type them in including the brackets.

I should be able to select the text from my paste and then hit an editor button that automatically adds the beginning and ending quote tags around my article quote. vBulletin has a button for that. Where is the button in XenForo? I don't see any button that adds the quote BBcode tags that turns my paste into a quote when I finish my OP.

4. Susan Addams

Hey, nobody ever told me what would happen if I put myself on ignore and then make a post. Would my post disappear because I'm on my own ignore list? ;) :p

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Icon to the left of the "floppy disk". Click it.

6. Susan Addams

Okay. That works. Thanks. I thought "insert" had something to do with my dates... Guys are always so... Well that's neither here nor there...

I'll go put myself on ignore and see what happens on the other bit. I'll get back to you. If I can still post...

Thx.