1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

possible flaws in game spy

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by claire, Jan 18, 2003.

1. claire

claire Registered User

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Makes me wonder if alll of those damn "General Protection Faults" I keep getting in America's Army are REALLY due to something wrong with my <6month old hardware!:huh:

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Man, that sucks. Gamespy is used by MANY people to connect to all sorts of games.

4. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

We don't use gamespy at all anymore. My husband hates to see those advertisements. LOL It's much easier if you just go to servers right in your games multiplayer feature ;)

5. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Yeah I heard about this. Very interesting. Violet, just wanted to let you know that regardless of whether or not you are using GameSpy Arcade, when you use the in game browser you are still using the GameSpy network so there is no difference as far as this vunerability goes. I generally use the in game server browser myself, but there are some games where I prefer to use GameSpy 3D. If you want GameSpy I'd recommend downloading the 3D version. Less intrusive ads and more advanced server filters. Although you do lose a few functions of the Arcade version such as the chat feature. I tried The All Seeing Eye before, but it didn't see as many servers as GameSpy...