1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pop-up stopper review

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by claire, Dec 10, 2002.

1. claire

claire Registered User

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

ZAP does it for me and before that Proximitron. I am, however, always looking to test new toys and will give this one a try. :)

3. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I like the one that Sunriser suggested a month or so ago... I forgot the name of it (not on my computer right now)... That one is a nice one - it allows you to specify url's that it's OK to get a pop up from.

4. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Free Surfer - <u>Here</u> - was the one, Misu.

Works great for me; I've had only one or two unwanted popups in the 5 months I've been using it...

5. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

yeah thats exactly my problem Misu...When I turn up the security on ZA. I know you can go in and set up custom ad blocking, but I guess...well its still pretty generic and not custom enough. If you can remember the name of the one you use let me know. I'd like to try it out.

thanks

6. claire

claire Registered User

My favourite one is Adshield;)

7. IamZed

IamZed ...

Adshield works best for me. I tried popup stoppers but Adshield seems to work better at it as well as the web filter side of it.

8. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Before I started using Proxo, my personal favorite was one that JKK pointed out to me a long time ago called Popki.

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Damn, I was involved in that thread believe it or not. Proxo is great but too much tinkering for a few benefits.

10. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Yes, Proxo can be a bit much to set up, but once you are past that part, it's really pretty easy to use and maintain. Although, Paul's (Z-X) forum on Proxo does make the process much less painful.

11. claire

claire Registered User