1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor families spend $600 more on prom than wealthier ones

Discussion in 'Economy' started by ethics, Apr 2, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I think it was Copz who eloquently put this life core lesson as, "the difference between rich and poor are the decisions one makes in life". Yes, there are anomalies, luck, health, drugs etc... But predominantly, I see the poor making bad decision after bad decision with basic math.

Add to that the poor's circular culture of prioritizing the wrong thing, lack of discipline is a life lesson.

Poor families spend $600 more on prom than wealthier ones - Mar. 31, 2015

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

I've noticed that phenomenon too.

Three years after we moved up here, our ancient TV started going into meltdown, so we were forced to get a new one. I went online and found a TV from a place called ABT Electronics in Chicago that was selling a 27-inch Sony FD Trinitron Wega for less than I could buy it here, and it had the capacity to switch to HD when the time came. Shipping was free. It arrived in September 2005, and guess what? We still have it. Works perfectly and has never needed repairs. We'll keep it until it goes on the fritz. Want to bet that a lot of people wouldn't be caught dead with this relic?

ethics likes this.