1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PoM

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by pink slip, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Vicky

Vicky Veteran Member

I will put my two bobs worth in, and you can take it as you will.

America has been very much in the world spotlight of late because of the war with Iraq, and tragedies such as September 11. There has been heavy criticism about the way the US has behaved and unfortunately this can sometimes lead to 'bashing' in relation to other issues. It is a shame that people react this way, but I guess it is human nature. Not a good side of human nature albeit.

I, personally have really enjoyed the chance to meet people here who I would never have otherwise met. The site is a credit to the people who run it because I have seen many others come and go after personal abuse ran rampant when discussing varying issues. The fact that there are admin who care, and are not happy to let things get out of hand makes a difference here as opposed to some of the other sites I have been to.

The site can seem a little American sided at times, but it is an American site with others, like me, thrown in. This is not a bad thing, because I have found out and discussed things I would never have otherwise had the chance to.

I guess it all boils down to a couple of things. You will never be 100% happy with anywhere or anything in life. You either take the good with the bad, or just move on.

Cheers, Vicky

2. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

A smidge off topic, but... is there an Aussie forum you also visit?
    I think I'd like to expand my horizons a little. :)

3. Vicky

Vicky Veteran Member

I used to, but they were both closed down. The couple I visit now are American such as Bressler, and AllForums, as well as here. There are probably heaps out there, but I kind of like expanding my horizons with you guys............:)

4. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Well his posts do make me laugh quite a bit on occasion so I presumed it was humor.

Maybe it's something else I'm laughing at?

5. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

Biker ...humor... rofl anyway... Biker and Ethics get plenty of praise... and if not... puts on her skirt and grabs a pompom from cyd...... :happy:GOoooooooooooooooo TEAM!:happy:

6. cdw

Yo!! Don't be grabbin' my pompoms!

Don't give me no lines, and keep your hands to yourself! rofl

7. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

somebody's got to , cyd :p:p:p

8. Vicky

Vicky Veteran Member

Is it OK for an Aussie to join in?????:)

9. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

absolutely.... here's a pom pom.,, better not grab cyd's

10. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Girls Girls....please.

If your going to wave all these pom poms can we at least have a couple high leg kicks?

Sheesh !

11. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

I can put my ankles behind my head :p:p:p rofl (sorry i just couldn't help myself)

12. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

ROFLMAO !!!

Marry me?

13. cdw

Such a friggin' show off.

slut

rofl

14. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

HEY! I resemble that remark! and I don't like your altitude! :p:p:p (now quit crappin on this thread... )

15. pink slip

pink slip Banned

The difference is I wouldn't get bent out of shape about it.
    Duh.
    That's my point.
    I can actually receive all stereotypes about Australia with a laugh. Apparently Americans can't.
    They get all precious.

16. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

Pardon me. If you are able to receive "stereotypes" with a laugh, why then are you inferring an insult with the "duh" and the assumption that "apparently Americans can't. They get all precious"? LOL Ask Frodo what "precious" is. LOL

My point- I believe you were "bent out of shape" when you made the original post, to which we have all responded. Who is bent, here?

17. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

exactly... I'd saymost people on this site are of the intelligent ilk that realize exactly how America is viewed. We also shrug off the comments individually it seems. But we are discussing topics. It does seem at times that these questions are not questions but accusations. Perhaps it would further discussion and not raise as many hairs if the question was IS this case? rather than cvan we get past it. As has been showed by the above posts of many. We try to incorporate all... however there are a great percentage of "Americans" here... so of course it's going to SEEM more American.

18. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I can't believe this sorry thread was resurrected nine days later. NINE DAYS LATER. That's a driveby bullshit hit if I've ever seen one.

19. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I should have closed this thread a long time ago when the original assertion was put to rest with facts.

All there's left here is a beating of a dead horse.