1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PoM

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by pink slip, Sep 12, 2003.

1. pink slip

pink slip Banned

I've been here for a bit, and I've noticed that those posts which slavishly praise the US of A get the nod for best post.
    Whilst I understand Americans are feeling defensive right now, can we at this forum think beyond that? At all?

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Gee Pink.

This month's nominations are Shiney's Heart Surgery post, <a href="http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/showthread.php?postid=145028#post145028">BDD's animals have feelings</a>, and Shiny's <a href="http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/showthread.php?postid=138330#post138330">criticism of the US and how we need to fix it</a>. There's also a post by jfcjrus on <a href="http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/showthread.php?postid=143685#post143685">9/11</a> and Bob Astles post on <a href="http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/...?threadid=15110">African nuns</a> being murdered.

Seems to me you are reading another forum.

3. pink slip

pink slip Banned

Guess I was looking at last month's.
    Sorry.
    You reacted real fast. Good for you.

4. ethics

There was no last month's since August didn't have too many entries and I completely forgot about them. The nominees I mentioned above are for the combined months of August and September.

If anything, this forum has been moving away from the partisan bullshit seen on other forums. There will be some, yes, but imho, the partisanship is geared towards the criticism of the policies and issues thereof not individuals.

5. pink slip

pink slip Banned

You are always snappy, Leon, and quite frankly, I don't know what youre talking about here.
    "There will be some, yes, but imho, the partisanship is geared towards the criticism of the policies and issues thereof not individuals."
    What?

6. ethics

Snappy? I think I am being very professional in answering your question, where did I personally offended you or attacked you?

7. pink slip

pink slip Banned

Leon, I'm honest to God not arguing with you, but I was just saying I have no idea what you mean here.

8. ethics

It was a general statement meaning that instead of two sides (pro American and Anti-American) just for the sake of two sides, there are now threads and debates based on the issue thereof. People are not trying to indoctrinate their own opinion but actually listen to others and either agree, disagree, or debate larger and smaller points be the topic be America, economy, EU, UN, Iraq, or anything else.

9. pink slip

pink slip Banned

10. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

Pink, FYI Leon IS usually right.

11. ethics

500 GA bucks in your bank account shortly. ;)

12. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Hmmm. See how he buys support. :)

13. ethics

I learned well in Soviet Union, their education was not totally a loss. ;)

14. pink slip

pink slip Banned

Apparently.

15. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

Why? I can't remember a time that you have not thought through your posts, and managed to be accurate.

16. ethics

There were plenty! Remember those that I posted when I was drunk? Some people still call me up on them even today--although (thank God) not publicly. :)

17. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

LOL No need to buy squat. I, like you, say it as I see it. I have even agreed with you on occassion.

18. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Except when he disagrees with <b>me!</b> ;)

19. ethics

That's because I haven't found your price, Joe, that day will come! ;)

20. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

LOL You are accurate, you just may be wrong. OOPS (runs to the shelter)