1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PMs or "Personal Conversations."

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Arc, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Arc

Arc Full Member

How can I locate PMs I've sent but for which there was no reply. If you send a PM and the recipient gets it and reads it but then deletes it at their end does it still show up on the sender's end as sent?

2. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

I sent you a message to delete. Let me know when you do and I'll see if I still have it. :)

3. Arc

Arc Full Member

I got the pop up window notification which gives you several choices such as "Delete" or "Mark as Read" and maybe "Cancel?"

I marked delete at the pop up window. That was a mistake because normally I never do that. I check marked as read and the if I truly want to delete any record of it from my end I have to pull up the message again from the notification or drop down menu and then take the optional step to delete.

Anyway doing by marking delete at the pop-up window changes so that the notification shows it is still there to pull up and read. But when I click on it to open it I just get an error message saying words to the effect the action cannot happen...but still the menu indicates that it is really there.

Guess that good deed and exercise was all for nothing. :)

ADDENDUM:

To clarify or focus things I am looking at the past months of my messages and there is no record of an important PM I sent and I wonder if somehow I failed to send it, (I'm sure I did), but there is no record from my end of me sending it. Therefore I was speculating if some action by the recipient could cause the record of a PM I sent to that person no longer appear on my end. (Like I never sent it or it never existed.)

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

No. If the recipient deletes it on their end, it does not affect the copy that was originally sent.