1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please pay for my stupidity

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Nov 3, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Nothing annoys me more than people like this. It's almost impossible to miss like three different warnings about surge pricing.

"oh boohooo I didn't follow directions and it cost me, please pay for my stupidity."

Woman Crowd-Funds Over $500 to Pay for Uber -- NYMag

2. dsl987

dsl987 Member

I'm not sure which annoys me more, the stupid bitch or the assholes that bailed her out.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Seeing a LOT of stuff like this, usually along the line of "We lost our jobs, and can't make our Lexus and mansion payments."

And there's always the idiots who fall for the sob story and donate.

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

This annoys me too. Crowd funding seems to be a fancy name for plain old begging. Just another person who can't accept personal responsibility, which has reached epidemic proportions.

These are probably the same people who are trying to make current-day recipients of Social Security and Medicare into bums who are living off the government for free. They don't want to do what people of my generation did for many, many years--pay into the two funds from our paychecks.

5. Greg

Greg Full Member

What burns me is when people refer to Social Security as an "entitlement." I recall giving up about 15% of my income during my working years to pay for my Social Security benefit. I probably would have been better off if I could have invested that money myself, but no that isn't allowed. At least I know it's safe in the SS lock box. (sarcasm)

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Still trying to figure out how they can honestly "surge" to +$300 for a 20 min ride. Its not like she caught a cab outside penn station and got taken on a scenic NY cabbie tour for a 3 hour ride to jfk that should have been 40 min

7. Biker

There are many communities that are barring them from operating, and after seeing how the service works, I fully agree with the bans. As they're not a registered taxi service and they don't fall under the taxi laws in each community, they can pretty much get away with charging anything they wish.

8. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

That's for UberX, for Uber Black and Uber SUV they are licensed taxis, they just don't have the medallion and don't operate as a flagged-taxi but as a called in car-service.

9. Biker

Many communities require that they be registered as a taxi or limo service before they can charge fares for customers. As far as I know, they're not registering as an actual taxi or limo service with each community.

10. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

As I've mentioned THERE ARE 3 SEPARATE WARNINGS ABOUT HOW MUCH THE RIDE WILL COST! You have to click off YES and then SUBMIT... THREE TIMES.

Too much? Don't fucking use it.

I don't care if Uber was selling Herpes, you have the disclaimer, in 3 separate instances.

ShinyTop likes this.
  11. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

You'll never be a successful progressive/liberal candidate with that attitude, Leon...NEVER!!

Copzilla and ethics like this.
  12. Allene

Allene Registered User

13. Greg

Greg Full Member

How much does the herpes cost, and do you get to pick between oral and genital? :p

Seriously, if the bitch got three times to decline ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY 10X FOR THIS RIDE BECAUSE IT'S A HOLIDAY then I have no sympathy.

She should start hanging out in supermarket parking lots asking for "stranded need gas money."

It's the new prostitution. It's all begging and no putting out.

I can understand "I have a vagina and you can put your male organ in it if you pay me money."