1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pigs don't fly

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Allene, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

What next? Anyone who cannot fly from Connecticut to Washington, D.C. without a so-called emotional support animal needs help of another sort. Photos of sweetie-pie can be found in a link embedded in the article. This fellow wasn't exactly a piglet either, and he had his own seat, although it is questionable whether his owner paid for the extra seat. The comments are funny!

Read more: A pig on a plane at Bradley International Airport - CBS 3 Springfield - WSHM

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's shitheads like this that give all vets with legit service dogs a bad name in the press.

It's bad enough people with missing limbs and other physical issues are getting grief from idiot cops and business owners alike regarding their animals and what rights they actually do have compared to what others *think* they are allowed to have.

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yes, that is true. I was surprised to hear that service dogs aren't regulated everywhere in the country and had been assuming the ADA covered that. Was the article correct about the lack of uniform regulation across the nation? I qualify for a "hearing" service dog, but have never gotten one because I don't live alone. It wouldn't really be of much help in an airport anyway. During the daytime, when I've got the implants activated, I can hear doorbells, phones ringing, people breaking in, fire alarms, etc. If I were living in a city apartment alone, one of those dogs would be a lifesaver in the event of fire or home invasion at night.

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I'm waiting for the day when my son's service dog will be denied. Hopefully, it'll be just before a flight to China, as I really, really don't want to go back to that nation. Ever.

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Can't say I blame you. I have never been there, but in the current climate, I'm not feeling much like going overseas period.

6. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

I have a friend who has a Shih Tzu support animal. He travels constantly and needs the dog because the dog calms him and is trained to wake him for a fire alarm. Despite a service animal coat and tag with the federal law, he still gets refused service at some places. Before he books a hotel, he makes it clear that he has a service animal and he still gets grief at the check-in desk.