1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photoshop question

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ditch, Jan 16, 2003.

1. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

This looks like a simple enough instruction I am getting but the fix is elusive.
    When saving an image that I have altered in Photoshop 6, I get the message "Could not save the file C:\.....psd because the file is locked. Use the properties command in the Windows Exporer to unlock the file".

Well I cannot find any unlock option. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm going round in circles here.

Thanks.:)

2. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

In windows explorer...right click on the file before working it in PS.
    Check properties and be sure its not set to READ ONLY.

if it is uncheck and hit ok...that should eliminate problem if this is a file that you have saved on your hard drive.

Also be sure you dont have the file accessed from another program, either to view or edit...this could cause that type problem also.

3. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Ditch, that one should be a cinch.

Right click on the file and on the resulting menu, click at the bottom where you see "Properties". You'll see where it says "Attributes" with a few check boxes - just uncheck the "Read-Only" box and you should be good to go...

*EDIT - Ah, well, somebody beat me to it again...

4. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Well thank you to you both. You were right, the file was set to Read Only.

And yes, that was an easy one.