1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PETA Wants you to eat at Burger King--No Really

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Nov 9, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

PETA's 6-month protest campaign against Burger King has come to a close, and its members apparently worked up an appetite from all that sign waving.

During the campaign, and possibly because of it, Burger King introduced the BK Veggie - the first vegetarian sandwich offering by a nationwide U.S. burger chain. The bigwigs at PETA want very strongly to see the sandwich succeed, so they've launched another campaign - but this time, it's to encourage people to 'Try the New BK Veggie!'

The <a href="http://www.peta.org/feat/bkveg/">pro-Burger King campaign</a> is in typical PETA demonstration style, with guys in cow suits and folks carrying placards extolling the tasty-n'-meatless virtues of the BK Veggie. There's even a short film on PETA's website encouraging its members to 'put down your protest signs and tie on your bibs.

2. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

The fact that I have incisors in my mouth and my eyes are on the front of my head makes me a meat eater by design ie Hunter. F them.

3. Ugly

Ugly Fish is Brain Food

the BK fish is still awful

4. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

I love the new Zesty Onion Ring Sauce at BK. I get a chicken whopper and fries just for that sauce. It is awesome.

wapu

5. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

PETA gets under my skin, but not for the usual reasons. You see I really like animals. One in particular I love dearly. Animal "rights" and "ethical" treatment for them are important to me. So when the organization that is most identified by the public as being at the forefront of animal "rights" and supposedly acting in the best interest of animals is dominated by a bunch of looney-tunes and mentally irregular wackos I get thoroughly disgusted.

Intentional or not PETA's strategies and its most militant members behavior only alienate people who are neutral or already inclined not to care much about animals and makes such peope even less interested in their care and welfare.

6. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Yeah, fringe, kind of like Green Peace. Hearts are in the right place, but damned if a few whackos among them are the loudest.

I wonder how they get their funding? I'll bet a majority of it comes from the California Bay Area.

7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I am sure there are plenty of similar whackos with dollars.

P.S. Welcome to the forum. :)