1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pelosi Unveils New Buffoonery---California Surrenders

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

I strongly suspect that Nancy Pelosi will be avoiding the beach and the desert for the forseeable future in an attempt to keep cats from covering her up. She's just arranged for the Federal Building in San Francisco to accept Mexican ID cards as a valid form of ID.
    My, this didn't take long...the democrats elect her minority leader and she pulls the first of what will probably turn out to be a long and undistinguished list of boneheaded ploys.

Story Here.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

This is downright stupid.

3. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Concisely stated, my friend. Very concise, indeed!

4. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

That's funny!

Hell, most restaurants, bars, and stores will not even accept an out-of-state or expired license or ID as valid... even when it's obviously official!

5. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

How about the Post Office not accepting military ID to cash a money order?
    As a Republican, I think this is great. It will just further show the American people that the Democrats don't even know what they stand for anymore. Furthermore, don't you think there would be somebody that knows political strategy in her office telling her that this is not a good idea?

6. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Can you hear it?

*Ka ching!*

Those dollar signs...$$$

All those illegal immigrants who want to pay taxes...:rolleyes:

7. pupowski

pupowski Banned

It is stupid Coot, and I opose accepting these cards. But equally stupid is the lengthgy string of faux-pas of George W. Bush on immigration matters. He recently proposed granting 3.5 million Mexican illegals residency, saying they "did jobs Americans don't want to do". That is one major step beyond Mexican ID's Coot. He wants to send Social Security checks for illegals to Mexico, even if they used false names to apply, and let Mexican drivers with sub-standard semi's ply our roads and take US jobs and business.

8. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Well, the banks in California are already accepting these cards, but like has been mentioned, a citizen needs a blood test and prostate exam to open a 3/4% passbook account.

I find it hilarious that a fellow Democrat is ratting her out like this.

9. Coot

Yes Pup that is mostly true. Legalizing the 3.5 million is the deal Bush worked with Vicente Fox. The Social Security deal that is currently on the table though is only for Mexican's that worked here legally...Fox would like it to be for all Mexican's that have worked here though...even using someone else's ID.

As to the Mexican truckers though, that was originally part of NAFTA, and as much as I disagree with it, it won't be stopped without repealing that nasty bit of legislation.

10. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Re: Re: Pelosi Unveils New Buffoonery---California Surrenders

George and Vicente have something going on between them, so just remember that when he waves his finger at the TV cameras and says "I've never had sex with that man", it's not an impeachable offense. :haha:

11. Coot

Actually, Tancredo's a republican (it must be a typo in the article). Tancredo, though is persona non grata at the Whitehouse for first exposing the administration's plan to legalize the illegals. As he put it, "Karl Rove invited me never to darken the door of the Whitehouse again, and he promised me a primary for 2004."

12. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Re: Re: Pelosi Unveils New Buffoonery---California Surrenders

:thumbsup: