1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents allowing their kids to play on Vietnam Memorial Statue

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Mar 24, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

In front of the vets...

[​IMG]

Here's one reaction:

I would have to say that "kids are kids" and least our country is free enough for our kids to play without worry of blowing up and I dare not imagine what these guys were thinking, but I'm sure they are proud of these kids are free to enjoy America even if they do not understand the significance of what they are playing on. I feel the picture is a bit out of context and assuming the thoughts of these veterans as I guess I am too. Doesn't hurt to see the other side of the looking glass.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

On the other side, it shows how little kids are taught to respect other things.

ethics likes this.
  3. Allene

Allene Registered User

If they were my kids, I'd get them off that statue asap and explain why. Where is this memorial? I've only seen the wall memorial in Washington, DC.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

The Vietnam Women's Memorial is a memorial dedicated to the women of the United Stateswho served in the Vietnam War, most of whom were nurses. It serves as a reminder of the importance of women in the conflict. It depicts three uniformed women with a wounded soldier. It is part of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, and is located on National Mall in Washington D.C., a short distance south of The Wall, north of the Reflecting Pool.

It was designed by Glenna Goodacre and dedicated on November 11, 1993.

Source: Vietnam Women's Memorial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

I was at the wall in 1990, but don't remember it. Thanks for the information.