1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WOW] Pandy Land.. just curious..

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've not seen a lot of traffic here regarding the Panda Express release, what's the deal with it lately?

I've been curious and trying to read up on it but everything I do find and read just makes me a sad panda.

How much of a change for the better or worse was it really when they gutted the talent system and replaced it with the D-III system?

How screwed up are Druids now with feral being 2 separate callings and now you have the 'choice' of being a cat OR a bear, no more BOTH unless you dual spec and swap over out of combat?

How messed up are the Shaman again after they changed the totem system for the 15th time? No more multi-drops of all 4 totems at once anymore?

Where exactly is the Panda starting area, all the maps I see of Pandaria are lvl 80+ zones?

2. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I LOVE THIS EXPANSION!!! They screwed up a lot of stuff with Cata, they fixed that here.

Talent system, does take some getting used to but I like the simpler version.

Not sure about druid and I have barely played my shaman much. I will have to ask my guild leader to see what he says.

The panda starting area is on a turtle that moves.

The new areas are beautiful, the music is stunning, and the pet battles are addicting. I will try and get some movies of the different stuff.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Have to agree. I only started playing so I can play with my kid -- since she is living with mom now -- and I have to say that I am sooo hooked again. I love the Pet Battle System and the achievements. :)

4. Elspeth

Braz came back too. And the account wide mounts and pets.

And they made arch less annoying. Daily quest cap is gone, so many mounts and pets to collect. Wow maybe I should write a post for the blog. Stupid work.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

6. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Ugh. This one was so tempting...especially now that the Diablo III excitement has worn off. I just wish there wasn't that damn monthly fee. Hard for me to justify that one right now. Seems like pennies I know, but every little bit adds up....

Does Bliz have any special offers floating around right now?

7. Elspeth

i think you can play for free up to level 20, but I am not sure

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's rare I get to answer my own questions, after jumping back on again for the last few mornings, I've found my answers...

So far it looks a bit for the better, I have LOTS less buttons to push now on my Pally it seems, and my Shammy and Druid seem decent enough still attack wise, although I've not really taken the latter 2 out yet for a real test drive.

It seems that even though you are Bear spec, you still get to be a cat form, you just don't get all of the special cat talents, and vice versa if you roll cat spec.

Yes it seems they took away the ez-mode totem drop after it was never there for several years to begin with, being a pre-cat-pre-outland Shammy, combined with forgetting how to play completely this will not really be that much of an issue after all.

Yes, it is on a turtle, I got a Panda Monk all the way to lvl 12 doing the starter area and beyond to Org when I picked Horde (of course) just to experience it, The island itself was extremely beautiful, my only regret is that there was not enough to do on it, it felt like they were rushing me off the island the whole time and it seems you can never return.

I'm also LOVING that they combined achievements and account wide mounts now, it was a kick in the head to see I now have a bronze drake, on all of my fly-able characters now along with my chopper and a few special ground mounts I had are all shared too.

So yea, don't be alarmed if you see any of my Tauren Terrible Trio around again on the Wum Ba channel, Stilgaard the Pally, Huachuca the Shammy (aka The artist formerly known as unlucky Mavramorn) and Coriakin the former elf-boy Druid.

The good thing for me I think is that I've been gone so long ( a year at least?) that I completely forgot how things work and it's like discovering the game all over again.

ethics likes this.
  9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So I've been running my Shaman through the Jade Forest/first Pandaren zone (because he's just such an un-killable stud:p ) and noticed that all of the quest rewards are mail armor items I can use immediately, did they change quest rewards to always be somethign you class can use as opposed to the old way where a clothie would be given a plate item as a quest reward?

If so, that kicks ass!

10. Elspeth

Yes they did. If you want something in a different spec (say healer like) then change to your second spec before turning the quest in. Also it seems that you are not immediately replacing heroic/raiding gear right away.

11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's awesome to hear.

Since i started my shammy through the new zone i think i have replaced at least 80% including jewelry. Granted he only had argent tourney epics at best.