1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pakistan would have Nuked India over Kashmir

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Advocat, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

2. -Ken

-Ken Guest

Of course, in June he was saying the opposite.
    It's amazing what six months of thought can do.

<small>As quoted from this article from the BBC,</small>
    "Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf has played down fears of a nuclear war with India, saying he did not believe either side would fire its missiles.

"I would even go to the extent of saying one shouldn't even be discussing these things, because any sane individual cannot even think of going into this unconventional war, whatever the pressures," he said."

There goes that sane individual theory!

3. jamming

jamming Banned

I think any country that had nuclear missiles would be prepared to use them in the event of an invasion. The other article doesn't say the opposite Ken, it says what he believed. Though not thinking that the Indians would invade his country, he was prepared to defend his country if they did.

4. -Ken

-Ken Guest

Jamming,

Did I misread his quote about "sane individual cannot even think of going into this unconventional war" as meaning "sane individual cannot even think of going into this <strike>unconventional</strike> nuclear war"?

Seemed to me like he was saying he wouldn't even consider using nuclear weapons. I not sure I believe either statement is anything more than posturing.

5. jamming

jamming Banned

It may be a translation or thought difference, it is difference of speaking about things at the time, which might push the other side to ramp up their rhetoric and not being prepared to defend your country if invaded. I just don't see the conflict that you do in these two statements. Would you believe any US President that would say that he would not use Nuclear weapons to defend this country if its existance was threatened?