1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paglia Just Roared

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Dec 17, 2013.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Allene likes this.
  2. Greg

Greg Full Member

The funniest part about the feminist thinking about doing away with men? That they would even think of a world without men! (parthenogenesis and all) THAT is the biggest difference between the sexes! Men would never ever never ever want to live in a world with just guys. If men did then they'd be living in a world of homosexuals and masturbaters. What would they look at while they're masturbating? Pictures of the extinct woman gender?

Yeah, it is a man's world, but it isn't as much due to men's attitudes as it is to women's attitudes. I've known plenty of women in professional jobs, the same jobs where they compete with men--and succeed! And the reason for those women's success is that the only difference there is between the successful men and the successful women is ... plumbing! The successful women have the same attitude as the successful men. They put their career first, put getting the job done first, even put work ahead of their families. They are driven to succeed!

Feminists should just buck up and either get the job done or step aside and let a man do it. The problem isn't male prejudice against women, it's the attitude of women in making themselves into victims. And of course once you're a victim you have to identify a perpetrator, and that's why these women blame men for their lack of success. Because they can't handle the fact that the real person to blame is the one they see in the mirror when they get up in the morning.

(Aside: it would be interesting if there were statistics comparing the rate of lesbianism in feminists vs. the rate of lesbianism in the general population.)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  3. Allene

Allene Registered User

A great article! The comments are coming in at the rate of several per minute right now. It's too bad people have to go to such extremes with everything. I have always found that business of men as a group being enemies of women downright ridiculous.

4. ethics

Agreed and I never understood the whole gender vs gender. It's not a zero sum game. You don't have to bring one down to advance the other.

5. ethics

I want to share something with you. My attempt to discuss this at the people that Paglia targets as posers. My username is ethics, of course, but look at the replies and the downvotes (negative ratings). I don't even say that much. :)

[​IMG]

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

I have a seriously hard time identifying with those people. They are expending a tremendous amount of energy over issues that are sometimes blown out of proportion. I don't hesitate to stand up for my rights around a man when necessary, but that's about individuals, not the entire race of men, for goodness sake. In marriage, I see a man as my partner. We have both been providers, but if I had small children to look after and was able to stay home with them for a while, then I'd be grateful that he could be the sole provider at that time. These women seem to be in an endless competition with men. There is something to be said about saving one's breath to cool one's porridge! Equal pay for equal work was worth fighting for, but at least some of these women seem to be carrying this equality business to ridiculous lengths. Men and women are like apples and oranges. They are never going to be exactly equal, but they complement each other. I've always appreciated that. It's what adds spice to relationships. ;)

ethics likes this.
  7. Greg

Greg Full Member

One of the biggest obstacles that feminists face is the assumption that they are NOT equal. Many men succeed because they have placed the priorities of their family second and the priority of their jobs as first. They see their duty to their family in terms of bringing home "meat" (money) to their family, as much as possible. Women on the other hand want both of them. They want to bring home the meat but they want to nurture their families first and job second. Employers know that when family stuff happens they keep working while with women family stuff happens and they take time off. Employers don't care what kind of plumbing their employees have. All they care about is that their work units are up and running, particularly managerial work units.

Many women don't understand why their men are always preoccupied with their jobs. The women interpret that as a flaw. It's not a flaw at all, it's a gender role. Man kills mammoth and hacks off pieces and brings it back to feed family. Sometimes mammoth kills man and nobody comes home and family starves. Men see family as something they need to support by whatever means available even if that includes neglecting personal attention to their families. Women see nurturing their families first even if that means neglecting their jobs. That is why employers treat women differently than men. To employers, women who act the same as male employees are treated the same as male employees. At least that's the way it was in my industry (medical electronics). We had many successful female managers, not as many as successful male managers but nearly so.

I don't know what happened to their families. Maybe their families were neglected, maybe their men took on half the duties of nurturing their families. But when the going got rough those woman managers worked the same long hours as I did.

Women, if you want to be treated like men, just act like men and do the same stuff, make the same sacrifices, be satisfied if you are neglecting your families because your higher priority was bringing home the meat (money).

To me that is the one thing that "victim" feminists don't understand about salary disparity. They want it all, both family and job. They just don't understand that you can't have all of both. You can pick: sacrifice attention to your family in order to focus attention on your job, or sacrifice attention to your job to focus attention on your family. If you place your job second your employers understand that, and they give the big salaries to the men who make the opposite choice.

That said, I'm sure there are plenty of men and women who find the balance point between family and work. There are plenty men who succeed in their careers and nurture their families too. There plenty of women (not quite as many) who succeed in both too.

It's the feminists who fail in finding the right balance who then blame their lack of success on male prejudice against women, because they cannot accept the fact that they themselves are cause the problem.

8. ethics

Well said, Allene.