1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overweight and Diabetic. Do we have it backward?

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Arc, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Arc

Arc Full Member

This is Arc and not a bot posting the following. :)

Peter Attia is an MD and researcher. Intellectually the most interesting person I've encountered. In addition, he is made more interesting due to his personality and character that comes out in his tremendous communication skills. Personally, I would also label him a humanitarian of significant substance.

He switched from being a successful general and oncology surgery to research in obesity, longevity, and overall health.

Here's his TEDMED talk on insulin resistance, obesity, and maybe we are blaming the wrong cause or have our ideas and science about it backward--plus his apology worth hearing that most of us can learn from.

I guarantee if you watch this you will be enlightened, delighted and perhaps also started down a new and additional path that is positive and constructive.

There is a wealth of youtube topics were he expresses his knowledge and experience--which is vast for his age.

cmhbob likes this.
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

So my own opinion -- that from a non medical guru -- is that there's been an immense amount of research on this in the last 5 years (that video is from 2013) that show what he's saying and much more.

I will address one aspect of that video; the bias of medical community to be as much of a sheep as the rest of people. Doctors are not immune to being human.

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Very interesting! Thanks for posting, Arc!