1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opera 7 Beta 1 Version 2

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Techie2000, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

I downloaded this gem to test out and I was pleasantly surprised. I have used Opera in the past, and always considered its rendering of pages to be mediocre. The only regular usage I have gotten out of it was the PDA edition on my Zaurus. However Opera 7 had it rendering engine built from the ground up and it is working very nicely. Pages render much better now, and still render quickly. The user interface has been improved, and they have a new e-mail client that beats the crap out of anything I've used before. It also has a nice built-in download manager, and also has a built-in pop-up blocker. I'm a die hard Mozilla fan, but when this thing comes out for Linux, I might just be convinced to shell out the dough for it.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

No link you putz!???

;)

3. Techie2000

4. ethics

LOL! I was kidding.

I am a proud owner of Opera 6.X and just now upgraded to this gem. Been testing this forum with it.

The good news: Forum screams, lightening fast, and the VBCode buttons are finally showing up.

Bad News: the boxes still do not line up but hey, it's still beta.

5. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

*sighs*

Were Opera free, I would've been using it a long time ago. Sadly, I use and will stick with Mozilla so long as it continues to be high quality and free. :)

6. ethics

Opera IS free though, unless you want to buy it.

7. Techie2000

*Points to annoying ad banner on top*

8. ethics

Yah, well, with broadband you hardly feel it. Besides, it's only 25 bucks? I paid 15 for the upgrade to 7 and love it.

9. Techie2000

$40, but

/me whips out student ID :)

Discount!

10. ethics

There you go!