1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Up Profile for Registered Members?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Oct 27, 2002.

?

Should we make profiles publicly available?

1. Sure, as long as it's registered members only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, please, I don't want anyone seeing mine

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. other (explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

A brief background.

Profiles, before 10.1.02 were open for all to see. I closed them on that day because I didn't know who would react to this.

Another point was raised in General Questions regarding genders and how would one know about them.

I think it's time for a democratic poll on profiles. Should we open them up for all to see? Or keep them private?

Now before you vote, the profile will not show anything you wouldn't want to. In other words, you can go to User CP, Edit Profile and take out certain fields you don't feel comfortable with.

For the record, I haven't seen anything people would be ashamed about but hey, that's just me.

Here's what my profile looks like:

2. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

I'm not sure I understand, Leon. I have no problem seeing the profiles, but there is no entry for gender. Is there information that simply does not show on the available profile?

3. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

I guess I have the same questions as Sunriser13.
    Exactly what are you proposing to reveal if you "open them up"?
    Which fields would you reveal (unless I blocked them)?
    In your example; what would be newly revealed?
    I'm a little confused.

Regards,

4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I have been able to read them all along.

5. ethics

I can easily add that.

6. ethics

LIAR! ;)

What profiles were you seeing?

7. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I click on the Profile button under the post. That may not be the entire profile, but I thought it was.

8. ethics

Ok, I am an asshole.

The profiles were always open and are now open to registered users. My profile can NOT see it because I belong to EL-Moderators group not registered members group.

The poll is moot and thanks Shiney for letting this old far know how senile he is. ;)

I am closing the poll and the thread. Will add the gender function in to the profiles. If there's something you do not want others to see, you can always change it or blank it out. Otherwise ladies and gents, as you will. :)