1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On My Resignation of Membership

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Techie2000, Jul 31, 2010.

1. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I dunno... I think it was appropriate for Techie to write something...after all, he grew up here. It was like watching Beaver goes to Washington or something. lol. I do think it's pretty tacky to leave with critiques. I thought it was enough for him to just say that he's moving on because he really has a life that he needs to attend to. But, eh...differences in generations I guess.

2. Greg

Greg Full Member

Matt or Joe could have written a summary post saying that they were taking an indefinite leave of absence and didn't expect to be around for quite some time and it would have left an entirely different feeling. I'm not saying to skate around it but it seems to me that you could politely explain that your activity would be vastly reduced for the foreseeable future. It would take some care to not make it a de facto rule 12 statement.

I still think it's better to just fade out and not leave some stink-up-the-room parting shot, and then return if you have a change of heart.

I'd like for Joe and Matt to return but I know that ain't in the cards. It was their choice, not mine. That's just like any suicide except that we can be glad that they both live on in real life.

3. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

No post indicating intention is required or necessary, I agree. Just a few [​IMG][​IMG] would do. [​IMG]

4. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

I wish Matt well always. If this was over conflict, it's sad. Opposing views do exist and one can't ever learn if they shut doors and walk away, if that's all it is. I hope it's just that he's busy in life and comes back to say hi every now and then. You can't pick your family as they say, and we were always one big disfunctional political family. Sometimes opposing views clash, but walk away and keep it to something more nuetral. Anyway, hope to see him again if he's OPEN to it. :)

5. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I claim the role of crazy uncle who sometimes goes missing for months at a time only to show up at some random family outing acting as if he had been there the whole time.... actually that is a reoccurring theme in my life... HMMM