1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG What a blast!

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Biker, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

:rofl: Braz pipes up in guild chat that he's on his way to Stormwind to commit suicide. I say what the hell, and join in. Before we know it, we have Copz and Mav along for the ride. Decide to do the instance there, and then take the tram to Ironforge. I managed to make it almost to the front gates of Ironforge before I bit it.

No screen shots. Was laughing so damned hard at the conversation via TS and the resulting mayhem as every guard in town was chasing Copz on his epic mount. :lol:

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Did someone say screenshots?

Running through Stormwind

Inside Stockades (alll pissing ourselves cause we're laughing so hard:lol: )

Ironforge all pertied up for the holidays NO LAG when yer dead!

Me waiting for kiddies to sit on Santa's lap

Dance party at the graveyard in Dun Morogh

(Yes, the ones in IF I'm dead.. rode the tram there that way :p )

3. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I have screenshots and will try to post them tonight. Even got pictures of me dancing with Nessie.

Thanks a lot guys it would have been fun solo but was hillarious as a group. It made it interesting that the person pulling the guards had never set foot in Stormwind.

Still on his epic mount, with all three riding enhancements Copz was able to streak by the alliance and find his way to the stockades. Mav and I followed behind in ghostwolf form. Everyone ignored us as they were still trying to figure out what the purple blur was. Soon we had guards running right past us as they were returning to their duty stations totally ignoring the two level 60 Shamans running through the middle of town. Gillo did his disappearing thing and stealthed his way right through the middle of town. When we all met inside the stockades instance it was a good two or three minutes before we could stop laughing.

Finally we settle down and prepare for our "epic" battle. Strike that the Stockades instance is little more than Ragefire +10 levels. We swatted everything like flies and I got to let my mechanical Greench run around killing everything in sight.

We finish the instance in about 7 minutes and it is time to face the music. Outside the instance there is permanently stationed about 10 guards. They claim to be there since Stockades is a prison that has been taken over by prisoners and they are keeping the prisoners contained. I bet they are really there to keep the Horde from doing exactly what we did. ;)

So Gillo steps outside to see if he can stealth by them. I knew it would be impossible I was just being evil and waiting for his reaction. :lol:

After letting him get his little surprise I stepped out of the instance and dragged the guards out the far door. I guess everyone else ran out the other door while I had the guardds (which is what I hoped they would do) and jumped into the canals... only to find that guards can swim in full plate armor and are not afraid to do it. Mav and Copz die. Gillo stealths in a corner somewhere. I died from the number of guards on me but do a self rez and being in a quiet alley sit and recharge my manna and health.

Mav decides to run the tram (later takes it instead) as a ghost. Gillo stealths in and heads to Ironforge. Copz does the ghost run. I get jumped by a level 60 druid with a net of all things so die in the dwarven district. Not to be denied I corpse run, rez, and dive into the tram tunnel... where I find a bunch of alliance waiting for the tram. I run through the middle of them, jump into the tram trench and run the tram route.

Along the way I stop at the underwater section and dance with Nessie and wave at the passing alliance (PvP flag goes away in tram :thumbsup: ) and then run to the exit with a fan club. They get bored and leave me as I dance in the tunnel so after giving them a minute or two to disperse I head into Ironforge.

While I did all that I hear Mav talking about the line to see Santa and sitting in Santa's chair. Then he shows Copz the alliance auctionhouse.

Gillo stealths his way through the middle of Ironforge. Having never been there it takes him a while. He finds out there are too many people and too much lag to stealth through the Auction House/Bank corridor of doom. He dies.

I enter Ironforge and find that ghostwolf works. I run past a few stunned players and take off for a tour. I run out into the great forge area take a left and run into the hall of explorers. I have a string of guards behind me but all the players seem to stunned by what they saw to react. I run through the hall and the cavern of sorrows. Guards start falling off and I am tempted to stop but I know players will be along soon so I keep running.

Out the tunnel I go and into the military district (I think.) Back out to the forge. I cant resist it so I run right past the fightmaster and the hundred or so players sleeping there. I conduct my train of guards into a tunnel that leads to the AH/Bank corridor. I burst into the corridor and despit the lag navigate my way to the door, right past a paair of epic mounted PvP flagged level 60s... who were AFK.

I continue, guards in tow, out the gates of ironforge and past all the idiots dualing in front of Ironforge. I laugh as all these leet dudes fail to react. I run down the path a ways then jump down into a clearing on the right. This jump drops me to like 500 HP. What do I find waiting for me? A PvP flagged Grand Field Marshall and his friends. I die. I look around and it turns out I had like 15 players chasing me in addition to the 5 that actually stopped me.

Everyone rezzes at the graveyard... except me since I had a body in a realatively safe place nearby. I wait for the flag to clear then rez and dance with the Grand Field Marshall. I wave goodbye to him and his friends, hop on my reindeer and heaad to Gnomregon to join the guys.

We lay waste to the gnome home town and call it a night. I managed to snag a nifty little helmet compete with spinning satellite dish. The stats suck but it is funny as hell.

All in all a fun night was had by all. I would love to have heard the conversation in Stormwind and Ironforge as we ran through.

THANKS GUYS I HAD A BLAST! Let's do it again sometime. I hear the Nightelves have a little town tucked away on the other continent that is almost never invaded. :cool:

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And I know it like the back of my hand :happy:

Hardest part is getting down the long dock and on the boat unmolested.. after that.. it's cake.. I'd love to see the look on lvl 1 noob nelfs when we show up in the starter area.:rofl:

5. Brazbit

6. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

I just want to say you people are all nuts!!!! :nut:

oh why did I marry the craziest of them all :drool:

7. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Braz, you should be an author roflmao

That post on the WoW forum is classic! :rofl:

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yer just jealous you missed out on all the fun.:lol:

(Added to that thread :p)

9. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

All I can say is:

:noworthy: :noworthy: :noworthy: :noworthy: :noworthy:

The Electromagnetic Gigaflux Reactivator? :eek: I think my 39 mage is still wearing that.

Brian

10. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Dude, that's a classic. Thanks for posting this. It literally made my day.

11. Brazbit

That's the one. I think I will be holding on to it for special occasions.

Seid, Ethics, Everyone else, I wish you could have been there. We shall have to make occasional Alliance Annoyance runs just to add more humor back into the guild. This is the kind of thing you can do at 60 that was hard to find time to do before.

So... when are we going after Elf Town?

12. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hee hee

Best way I think... Head up through Darkshore along the coast.
    When we get to the Alliance town, the flightmaster is the first thing we get to, there is a little path to jump onto the platform she is on, then run into the Inn, and make a left to run out along the dock.

The dock and Inn is covered to a point, so mounting might be a problem..

Once we make it all the way to the end of the dock, take a right to the ship to Teldrassil. (Left takes you to Menethil Harbor, center takes you nowhere, but I think it will be an expansion ship docking there)

Fearing the guards away will delay them long enough to board.

When the ship gets to the other side of the sea, jump in the water before it docks, swim ashore, and mount.
    Head up the hill to the pink "bubble" which will teleport us to the top of Darnassus dodging a few guards.

Once on the other side, run like bejeebus mounted northeast through the city on the path up the hill, then to outside the gates.
    Passing the bank in a tree in the center along the way. Once covered chokepoint at the gates that might dismount us.

Once we're clear of the city, there are very few guards to worry about here and there.

13. Brazbit

:rolleyes: Sounds simple enough :huh:

Follow cow on lizard... Gotchya.

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I could always log into my Alliance Nelf and lead the way naked while mounted and shouting "Stay back! They're contagious!"....:rofl:

15. Brazbit

That would be so awesome.... :lol:

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Luckily I've got screenshots...

Here is where you jump onto the platform at the flightmaster and head to the right of the pic into the Inn....

The long run to the ship.. (the one on the right)

Like I said, once you get out of the Inn, it might still be considered "inside". :doh:

17. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Oh man.. This would be a hoot. I'm game for tonight. :lol"

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You guys are killing me in that thread.:rofl:

Makes good reading sitting #380 in queue:banghead:

19. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Just caught up reading the thread over on the CC forum.

Glad I hadn't gotten my coffee yet lol.:lol:

20. Brazbit

Just realized I forgot to add pictures..... :doh: