1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Scott, you Perv!

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Jan 23, 2003.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Remember Scott Ritter? I guess I wasn't too far off calling him a whore. ;)

Scott Ritter has canceled a propaganda trip to Iraq in the wake of revelations that he was arrested in an Internet sex sting in 2001, the Associated Press reports.

Ritter talked yesterday with WRGB-TV of Albany, N.Y., his first interview since the scandal became public (<a href="http://www.wrgb.com/news/special/ritter.html">a Quicktime video is here</a>). He dodged reporter Darcy Wells's question about his arrest, reportedly for allegedly soliciting sex online from an "underage girl" who was actually an undercover cop: "I must respect my legal and ethical responsibilities and not discuss issues pertaining to that case," he said, claiming falsely that because the record was sealed, he is legally obliged not to discuss it.

The revelations have done nothing to deflate Ritter's pomposity: "Nothing that transpired this week, nothing that's been spewed across the airwaves changes the fact that I am one of the top of the foremost experts on the issue of Iraq," he tells the station. "I have the moral authority and the moral responsibility to continue talking about this issue."

LMAO! What a tool.

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I love it when people claim morality rather than facts fall to morality. That is so delicious.

3. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I read about this today. He refused to come out and say what he had done when he was interviewed on FoxNews, I think it was, also.

4. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

CNN tried to interview him last night. He dodged them as well. According to the reporter, until he discusses the case, he will be 'radioactive' and no one will touch him. CNN lawyers flat out said there was no legal reason for his not discussing the case. Whatever happened, it would be better for him to discuss it then let imagination take over.

5. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

I wonder if this is political revenge for opposing the administration on Iraq?

6. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

It does smack of that. If Ritter received a sentence that included sealing the records that should be honored. I don't like that the government is looking for ways to prosecute you twice on technicalities or by using other laws. If a reasonable person can see that the new charges are the same crime then it should be protected.

On the other hand if you had this in your sealed background you should not be such a money whore and to be employed by Iraq in opposition to the UN and your own government. I believe even Ritter deserves the protection of the Constitution, but if it fails at least this time it is in the proper direction.

7. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Ritter has now been effectively blocked though from to much further high visibility exposure. Those who support him will say the Administration are ambushing him and trampling his rights. Those who don't like him will say he created his own problem and the Administration had nothing to do with it. Meanwhile, his problems continue and any message he had gets lost in the noise.