1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Battlefield 1942 thread.

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Frodo Lives, Aug 22, 2003.

1. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Very cool :cool:

Ooo..and they have DC_Final additions for people that have the Secret Weapons and Road To Rome Expansions.

Nice.

2. parundrum

parundrum Lurker Extraordinaire

Been AWOL for a while. I'm Hand of Doom and have seen you there for a few times, but game chat usually goes unnoticed so I hadn't said anything yet. Congrats on getting into the clan BTW.

3. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

Thanks. I just made it to the Support division last week. I am very pleased. Thank you again for the recommendation. :thumbsup:

4. parundrum

parundrum Lurker Extraordinaire

Hey no problem. You guys have another server you got to if not playing on the Brazen clan server? It's empty half the time.

5. Frodo Lives

None that I know of. I don't play all that much anymore, usually just on practice nights.

6. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

We scrimmaged with BFI clan last night on the CrowbaitsDC servers. It was a serious wild battle. It was the CBDC Server Admins vs. BFI (BattleField International), an 8 v. 8 asskicking contest. We tore their asses up, and I represented!

Ol' rotorhead would be proud. I was flying a chopper mostly the whole night.

Here's the thread talking about last night's clan battle. My nick on the BF1942 servers is "Jackboot". Funniest part of the night was declaring Jihad on Teamspeak and listening to my teammates laugh because they knew I was jumping in a car bomb. Then when I popped the car bomb right in the middle of their base, I killed 4 of the BFI clan and a chopper about to take off. I then demanded my 70 virgins.

http://www.crowbaitsdc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2083#2083

7. Frodo Lives

For fans of DC you have to check out this.

The new version of DCX (Desert Combat Extended) is now out and just look at the new stuff they added:

GENERIC ENHANCEMENTS:

+ Added the British army
    + Upgraded damage system
    + Self guided (HOMING) missiles on some vehicles. These are not player guided missiles; these missiles guide themselves to the target. They use a fairly simple form of Newtonian physics for guidance. These are not heat seeking or radar lock missiles.
    + New theme system for British army

VEHICLE ENHANCEMENTS:

+ New Ural truck variant that can drop fixed emplacement Howitzer artillery guns.
    + Improved Harrier variants. New has better hovering ability and high-speed handling. New variant carries Harpoon anti-ship missiles
    + Pantsyr improvement. Now has anti-air guns and can engage targets on the ground.
    + Mig-29 OVT. A new variant of the Mig-29 Fulcrum, which has 3 dimensional, thrust vectoring engine nozzles for improved low and high-speed handling.

NEW VEHICLES:

+ Track Rapier mobile anti-air vehicle
    + Fixed emplacement Rapier SAM site
    + Challenger main battle tank
    + Warrior APC
    + Landrovers, 4 different variations with different abilities
    + Lynx attack helicopter
    + Lynx anti-ship helicopter
    + Chinook transport helicopter
    + Avro Arrow.
    + Buccaneer airplane
    + Tornado ADV air superiority airplane
    + Tornado GR3 ground attack airplane
    + Jaguar ground attack airplane with 3 different weapons loads
    + Mig-25 Interceptor airplane
    + Unmanned Aerial vehicle (UAV) to spot targets for artillery
    + DDG destroyer
    + Type 42 destroyer
    + Akula attack submarine
    + Los Angeles class SSN-688i attack submarine
    + Trafalgar attack submarine
    + Fast Patrol Boat. 2 variations. One with anti-submarine capabilities, the other has floating mine-laying capabilities
    + Shersen torpedo boat
    + Special Operations Craft Mark V (SOC MKV) speedboat
    + Zodiac small inflatable boat
    + Fixed emplacement 40mm Bofors twin barrel anti-aircraft gun
    + Fixed emplacement 20mm twin barrel oerlikon gun
    + Fixed emplacement twin barrel .50 cal browning machine gun
    + Fixed emplacement twin barrel NSVT machine gun

NEW HANDWEAPONS:

+ L96 Sniper rifle
    + L85 Assault rifle
    + L86 Assault rifle
    + GPMG heavy machine gun
    + BHP pistol
    + PSG-1 Sniper rifle
    + Javelin anti-aircraft handheld missile launcher
    + Milan anti-tank handheld missile launcher

Plus much more.

:thumbsup:

Desert Combat Extended.

8. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I jsut asked my son if he had downloaded DCX and he said as he checked his monitor, "About 60%."

9. Frodo Lives

:lol:

63% for me right now.

10. Frodo Lives

Unless anyone objects, I am going to remove this thread. It has been awhile since anything was done with it. So, if someone would like it to stay, just let me know, otherwise I am removing it in several hours.

With the release of Battlefield 2, I don't think anyone but me plays Desert Combat anymore. :(

Thank you,
    Frodo. :)

11. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Sure, good move.

12. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Yep. BF2 is the next new thing, and I've been playing the hell out of it. It's a very good game, could have been much better, but hey... Still damned good.