1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Battlefield 1942 thread.

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Frodo Lives, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

I have been playing this server for the last several days and I was very impressed with the skill and teamwork of the BC. I signed up join the clan but I haven't got in yet but I am sure it will be soon. Thanks parundrum.

PS: What name do you play under?

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Let me plug the two servers I admin on... Actually one organization running two DC servers, all desert maps. One uses pure DC maps, one uses modded maps with steroid action, lots of killing and mayhem.

DC.7 GAZ-ELAL-DSHIELD 24/7 (pure maps)

DC.7 #2: EXTREME DESERT 4 24/7 (heavily modded Gaz, El Al, D Shield and 73E)

These servers operate on "realistic" mode, ie, there are few rules and no protected zones. Repair pads do not function in enemy uncappable bases. The few rules are no racial slurs, no landing the C130 on enemy airfield, no team killing. That's about it. Spawn and base camping is permitted any time (if you don't like it, don't be a wuss, KILL THEM!), sniping is permitted everywhere, no whining and crying allowed.

My nickname - Jackboot

3. Frodo Lives

Hey Copz. Those servers you admin on must be popular because as of yet I have not been able to get on, except for 1 or 2 times. They are always full.

I looked for you but I didn't see you so I got out. BF/DC just isn't fun if you don't have at least one friend playing.

4. Copzilla

They are extremely popular. Do you have teamspeak?

5. Frodo Lives

Yes. I have never really tried it, but now that I have I love it.

6. Copzilla

Go onto the CrowbaitsDC public teamspeak server at 69.41.234.202 port 8786, and catch me in there. I go by Jackboot there also. If the server is full, I'll kick a low score player or high ping player and get you in.

You and I will be gaming just like this video -

http://ftpcentral1.com/net411/dc-dance.wmv

:happy:

7. Frodo Lives

rofl

I love it.

8. Copzilla

9. Frodo Lives

OMG, that was awesome!

I loved the jets doing the loops around the bridges.. :notworthy :notworthy

10. Sacchiridites

Sacchiridites Banned

LMAO.. I never tire of grenade stunts. It was fun in Urban Terror, too. But the nuke of all those dudes in formation... really....who organized THAT?
    How's the smack talk?

11. Copzilla

The clan itself organized it. That clan is gigantic, and they just set up a stunt show with video capture for the fun of it. I like the parachute stunts en masse, myself. I also liked the jet coming in and bowling over a bazillion guys in a line.

We've done similar stunts, but not for video capture, just screen capture. We've shot SCUDs right into a base, pinpointed them to the nth, stood where it was going to hit and then captured the pic with the SCUD in your face. Very funny.

12. Frodo Lives

13. Copzilla

I've been slamming on DCF, and it's a total HOOT.

The new weaponry is hilarious. The new Hummers are much improved, as I hated how they were so fragile over terrain. I don't like the Stealth fighter much, as it's too paper thin and its bombs are sucky. But the car bombs... wooooo-eeee! BOOM! Today we were playing on our modded server, and our map editor put two car bombs on every map in the rotation. We were taking them in to the blue base in El Alamein, one on top and one on bottom, detonating them (and killing ourselves), and clearing out the entire base. w00t! Jihad! LALALALALALALA!!!!

14. Frodo Lives

Car bombs?

15. Copzilla

LOL! Yep. They're available, but they're not in any maps. In other words, the DCF team made them, but you have to be playing a modded map in order to actually have and use one.

16. Copzilla

Go here -

DCF: ALTERED GZ-AL-DS-DB
    IP 69.93.246.229:14567

I'm an admin on this server. It runs modded maps of Gazala, El Alamein, Desert Shield and Dust Bowl 24/7. Each map has at least two car bombs, and they're usually stuck in one of the side towns where this is no spawn point. They detonate by either 1) blowing them up, either by enemy or friendly fire or terrain damage, 2) leaving them for 20 seconds - and you'd better be running like a bitch, they're twice as strong as a SCUD, or 3) suicide mode, honking the horn while driving - left mouse click.

Be careful driving them, they're unstable and will tilt over on a hard turn. They're not insured either... LOL!

17. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Hmm..I haven't played BF1942 or any mods for it online in quite awhile. Y'all are making it tempting though.

18. Frodo Lives

:eek: :holyshit:

BF with the DC mod is one of the greatest games of all time. I play at least an hour every day if I can.

19. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Should I assume that DC mod isn't Desert Combat? Or is it?

20. Frodo Lives

Yup, DC is Desert Combat. :)

With the newly released Desert Combat Final it's even better. They fixed a lot of stuff that needed it. The sounds are simply amazing and the Humvee doesn't blow up when you hit a shrub.