1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Battlefield 1942 thread.

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Frodo Lives, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Wacko

Wacko Helllllooo Nurrrse

I'm not going to hold my breath after what I saw in BFV. Thats just me of course.

I do know that DC was paid half a million to create a game. Not sure what they are creating, or when it will come out, but that is a good sign considering they did great things with BF1942 modding it to DC.

Oh, and Ghost Recon 2 for the PC is coming out around christmas. If it's anything like Ghost Recon it will be a great game. Can't wait.

By the way if you guys ever play ghost recon you should check out our forums at www.jdsclan.com . Go to the GR Server area, and get the info on joining us in a game. I built, and put up a GR server for my clan, and it's been allot of fun. I do miss DC tho, and will be playing it more in the near future.
  2. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

I have heard from a few sources that Trauma Studios and Dice are the ones working on BF 2. That is why is looks so much like DC. I think this is great because the DC team have really put a lot of hard work into the mod and it's good to see them go professional with it.
  3. Wacko

Wacko Helllllooo Nurrrse

Thats probably the game I'm thinking of. Haven't been keeping up with things of late, lol. If it's really a DC game then it should be awesome.
  4. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

I should be great. To have an independent mod like DC turn into BF 2 is a great honer.
  5. Wacko

Wacko Helllllooo Nurrrse

Definately should be.

Oh bye the way I haven't been playing DC on B33f as of late. Got a problem with some of the people that joined B33f, so switched to mostly playing on the Texas Combat Crews server. You can find it by putting texas in the filters area. My clan is starting to think about getting our own server for DC, but haven't made a final decision as of yet. We shall see what happens there.
  6. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Ait. I have been looking for a good, professional clan to join. I love a good teamwork game so much better then everyone playing Rambo.
  7. Wacko

Wacko Helllllooo Nurrrse

Hey Frodo haven't been around for awhile as I have been busy with my clan, and my messageboards.

If your interested in joining a good clan I can recommend mine. We don't do ladders yet, but once in awhile we do scrim with some of the other clans. We don't recruit like most clans tho. What we do is get people to sign up on our messageboards, then go into the ventrilo area of our boards, and sign the rules. Next get on ventrilo with us, and chat while gaming with us. We do have our own server that is private, but we allow people to join as long as they agree to the rules which also are in on the message boards. Once all this is done then we get to know you, and if after awhile we all agree that you would make good JDs material then you get an invite to join us. We consider ourselves more of a gaming family then a group, so it kind of sets us apart from the rest. Even tho we wont' admit it we do look at how people play the game, but the most importent thing is how they handle themselves with others. Ok, enough of that here is the link to the forums if you would like to check us out: www.jdsclan.com

Come on by, and sign up on the boards. Don't forget to give a shout out, and letting them know in the post that you know me can be a good thing, lol. Welp come on by my friend, and that goes for anyone else who wants to join us.

By the way I don't ignore people in vent like I do when they type messages to me in the game, lol. I just can't seem to keep an eye on everything going on so messages to me just don't register.
  8. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Thanks, I just might give it a try.

I have taken a long break from BF before I got to sick of it to play. When I start playing again, I will give you guys a try. :thumbsup:
  9. Wacko

Wacko Helllllooo Nurrrse

Sounds good my friend. When you decide to come see us let me know, and I will help you get setup with the passwords, and such.
  10. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Funny As Hell!!

Not long after Battlefield 1942 was released modders created a Vietnam mod for it. It wasn't to bad of a mod and kept us busy until BF Vietnam came out.

Well, this Friday EA is releasing a WW2 mod for BF Vietnam, which I think is rather funny.

Here are a couple screen shots showing BF 1942 and the new WW2 mod: Here.
  11. saber11

saber11 Veteran Member

I am looking forward to it, mainly because when I had to reinstall windows on my computer i had lost my BF1942 CD 2 so I couldn't reinstall BF42. But do have BFV on it and been playing that.
  12. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

OK, this amazing mod is out now, you can get it here: WW2 mod
  13. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Here is a link to the promo video for DC Final, that last and final version of Desert Combat. DC Final.

:( Damn it. I was so very much looking foreword to seeing the things they where planning on originally. But now that Trauma Studios and the DC license were bought by DICE, they will no longer be working on it.
  14. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Frodo, news for you on the BF1942DC front... I'm now a server admin on a game server going up that will be featuring 4 maps, Desert Shield, Gazala, El Alamein and 73 Easting (the largest maps available). The maps will be modded to provide steroid action, 26 man server. You gotta come play, we're expecting it to fill up constantly. I'll get you more info as I know it, server IP etc, but I can tell you that we're installing anti-rule-breaker mods, such as repair pad disabling for opposing teams, things like that.
  15. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Cool. :thumbsup:
  16. Wacko

Wacko Helllllooo Nurrrse

Hey guys

Sorry I haven't been around lately, but things have been hectic here. If you don't mind I would like to check out the server when you get info. Oh, and the JDs server is open to the public, so stop on bye. No password needed. Come on bye when you have time. I'm normaly on around 4-5pm pacific time. Have good one.
  17. parundrum

parundrum Lurker Extraordinaire

Here's a decent DC server. Usually empty during the day But In the evenings there is almost always room and there is a lack of "smaktards". Good bunch of guys run it.

Brazen Clan DC 7 server
  18. Sacchiridites

Sacchiridites Banned

I haven't been playing online games in forever...er..2 years or more. Just as I was getting out of Urban Terror, this came out. I want it. I don't have it and I want to play. There are more harmful addictions out there.....would anyone like to 'share' their copy?
  19. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

You can buy it pretty cheap now with Battlefield Vietnam out and Battlefield 2 on the way. You can get it for under $20 at Walmart.
  20. Sacchiridites

Sacchiridites Banned