1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Battlefield 1942 thread.

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Frodo Lives, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

Battlefield 1942 is the one game that gets more posts then any other. So to make it easier, I have created this thread. Feel free to post any screenshots, updates, questions, comments, etc. Do you have a story about the game, post it here.

2. Frodo Lives

MODS, MODS AND MORE MODS

Today has seen the release of two very cool looking mods. Please feel free to check them out.

The first one is: Siege mod

3. Frodo Lives

We have here: Interstate 82

Take a break from the battlefield for a little high speed racing/combat action.

4. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

I really need this game...... hubby used to play it and we havent gotten it since he came here...... gotta have it gotta have it pant pant drool drool

5. saber11

saber11 Veteran Member

I've got the demo because I'm too broke to go out and buy the full game.

If anyone has a copy of it and want to swap it for MOHAA let me know

6. jtsoluri

jtsoluri Member

I just got BF1942 for my birthday. Can anyone point me to a list of hints and tips. Does anyone here frequent a server that they know is pure? I can't stand cheaters.

John

7. Frodo Lives

The Official Battlefield 1942 site

PlanetBattlefield

Many of the Official EA Servers are pure. But now and then you find someone that has found an exploit. I hate cheaters myself so I feel your pain.

Here are some tips that have helped me out fairly well. While in game, push the ~ key to bring up the consule.

Type:
    Renderer.Lockfps 200: It will set your FPS [Frames Per Second] to 200.

KT #: It starts a vote to kick off someone from your team.

kick #: Starts a vote to kick off another player.

Example Kick 12 will start a vote to kick off player 12.

(If you push the Tab key, it will bring up a list of the players in the game and the # of the player you wished to be kicked off.)

If there are anymore questions or hints/tips of something perticular, just let us know. Me and Techie2000 will try to help you as best we can.

Someday I would like to see a private server for us GA members.

8. Frodo Lives

I would like to bring to your attention a new mod that is making it's preview today. I am hoping that the first release will be soon.

Grand Theft Auto: Dice City

9. jtsoluri

jtsoluri Member

Thanks Frodo, I appreciate the tips. I'll play around a bit after work today and let you know if I have any questions.

John

10. saber11

saber11 Veteran Member

I just got BF1942 and it';s cool. I have downloaded Desert Combat and it should be as well.

I may get Combat Solmalia mod also, note for SM- this mod has AH-6 Little Birds

11. Frodo Lives

There are two Battlefield contests going on. If anyone is interested, the link below will give you more information.

PlanetBattlefield

12. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Thanks for the link Frodo. BTW my sources tell me that the 1.45 linux server has been released. New features include banning by CD key as opposed to IP address or username. The 1.45 patch should be coming out shortly...:)

13. Frodo Lives

Yes, it just came out. I am waiting for later to download it.

14. Wacko

Wacko Helllllooo Nurrrse

I frequent all of the B33F servers. I joined there forums under wacko, and have been moving up the ranks. They are a pretty good bunch, and have requested that members help police the server. If you catch someone using cheats, etc you just need to post at there website. They then look into it. The have banned one guy that I know of for using the cheats, and it seems pretty decent play on there servers. You might give it a try. I play allot on there Oil all day server which is the DC Oil Fields. Lots of fun, but you need the DC Mod which can be found at www.desertcombat.com, and they have allot of info over there. Hope this helps some.

15. Frodo Lives

I love Desert Combat. I will have to play against you sometime, Wacko.

I am looking forward to trying Eve of Destruction, but until it has a little more and you can play it in single player, I am going to wait before downloading it.

One of the mods I am looking forward to is Space Combat. Following along the path that as the Natural Selection Mod for Half-Life, one player harvests resources and builds buildings, the other players control the soldiers. And the best part of all is that it is fully based on the game Starcraft.

Two other mods - one based on the Command and Conguer game and the other based on Age of Empires are in the works, but I have seen nothing new from them in a long time. So I dont know if they are still in the works or not.

Now, the Space Combat mod would be a great mod to run on a GA Server.

However, you can now Rent your own server.

16. Wacko

Wacko Helllllooo Nurrrse

Sounds like fun Frodo, and you will get a kick out of me flying the helo's. I'm getting better, but still having a bit of trouble. I can only land the black hawk right now, so I bail out of the other ones. Nothing like flipping a chopper tho, lol. I love flying in the game, and do so every chance I get. My brother bought the game after trying it, so we play allot together. He can't fly, so I take him up in the helo from time to time. He's really good on the guns, and is great driving the tanks. Watched him down the mig29, and the SU25 the other day with the bradley. He actually used the rockets on them. Anyways, I spend allot of time on the B33F servers, and right now the only one running is the oil all day server. They had computer problems, and lost a few servers. Anyways, come on over, and join us:) Oh, just don't get in my sights, lol;)

17. saber11

saber11 Veteran Member

With DC I can't seem to hit ANYTHING with the stinger anti aircraft missile when I am an anti-tank soldier.

Anyone know if the AC-130 is used in other missions besides El Aminn? (spelling?)

I can fly the AC-130 really really good, NOE BABY

18. Wacko

Wacko Helllllooo Nurrrse

For the stinger you need to lead the aircraft. Choppers take quite a bit of damage tho, so atleast three are needed.

I can't think of any other maps with the AC-130, but if I run acrossed any I will let you know.

Some of those guys playing are complete idiots. I shot the same guy three times while running out of a building. He didn't take the hint to spawn on a different flag. He then whined, and cried about it like a child. I do get a kick out of some comments tho, lol. Just got done playing on the Lost City Map, and the US had one flag. Man was that fun, as they kept running buy me. I racked up 63 kills from the same spot without one death. All I did was change from the windows to the doors. Anyways, had lots of fun, and will probably be back on later, but gotta have some supper first. Food is important, lol. Maybe I will try to get on the B33F server when I go back. Lots of fun:)

19. Frodo Lives

Gazala and Bocage (Whichever one has the windmill) have the AC-130.

20. Frodo Lives

Check out these amazing screenshots from the upcoming Desert Combat .4 release.