1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama vs. Jimmy Carter

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Allene, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Wow, that article is awfully hard to refute.

Die-hard liberals will write it off as partisan, but it's tough to denounce it line by line.

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yes, it is. I remember when Obama started running for president the first time, and you came on and predicted he was going to be another Jimmy Carter.

I actually know someone in my community and in my own age group who once told me that Jimmy Carter was the best president we ever had. I was shocked, but tried not to show it. At first I thought I'd misunderstood her, but then she went on to talk about what a good man he was, which was really beside the point.

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Being a "good guy" doesn't mean jack. David Mamet said it best, in this scene from Glengarry Glen Ross (warning: language absolutely NSFW).

www.youtube.com/embed/8kZg_ALxEz0

At the end of the day, how nice you are, how smart you are, how smooth you are, none of it matters. What matters are results. Not how you got them. But that you have them.

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Agree 100%!

6. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Jimmy Carter was good at PR. I read the Secret Service book and their comments and observations of Carter indicate he was a complete phony.

7. Allene

Allene Registered User

I remember when that book came out, but didn't read it. Please give me the full title, thanks.

Jimmy Carter has one of the phoniest smiles I ever saw. It looks pasted on.

8. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

9. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yes, that's it. Thanks, Bob!

10. Greg

Greg Full Member

I was amused when Obama told the world he would punish Russia by canceling the talks with Putin.

My read on the event: Putin didn't want to talk to Obama in the first place, probably thinks Obama is a jerk-off. I think Putin is probably glad he won't have to spend a few or several days pretending he likes Obama or pretending he thinks US and Russia can be friendly.

The best we can hope for with Russia is to cooperate behind the scenes in events and situations that benefit both countries' mutual interests.

But thinking Russia is an ally is laughable. The best we could say about that is that in recent years US and RU have found ourselves on the same side of some issues. But expecting Russia to flip/flop and do something against their national interest just to help promote Obama-USA is laughable.

Putin wouldn't give Obama the sweat off his balls unless there was something in it for Russia.

Obama is a narcissist who has lost touch with reality; he has become delusional.

11. Allene

Allene Registered User

I fully agree! You did a good job of summing things up.