1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NYC Bans E-Cigs in Public Places

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Dec 19, 2013.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Greg

Greg Full Member

I just discussed the issue of the dangers of passive smoking (lack thereof) with a healthcare professional (she brought it up because it amused her) and she told me that just today a passive smoking study by a major US cancer research organization has discovered that passive smoking does not cause cancer. (I've emailed her asking clarification, or a source.)

If true you can expect major lobbying by restaurants and bars to rescind the smoking prohibition in restaurants and bars. As far as I'm concerned if the restaurant/bar establishes separate smoking and non-smoking areas with independent air conditioning I'd be perfectly happy to let tobacco enthusiasts to enjoy their drug in public.

As long as they aren't sitting at the next table.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Won't happen and agencies like ACS (American Cancer Society) will fight tooth and nail to prevent it from happening. Funding is at stake and they're dead set on preventing the truth from being widely published.

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Nanny state-ism marches on, and we allow it.

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

You should all move to the country like I did!