1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Techie2000, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

I downloaded and installed this DVD software from NVIDIA. I'm not sure if they optimized it for NVIDIA graphics cards (I have a GeForce 3 Ti200 myself) but this made DVDs look awsome. Much better as far as skipped frames and jerks than PowerDVD or WinDVD. The GUI is very intuitive. The screenshot feature works great. Here is a shot from Phantom Menace...
  2. EMIG

EMIG Yup

Another reason for me to regret buying that Radeon 9700 PRO with my new system. I believe Nvidia is mocking me. Soon after I bought the damn thing Nvidia released drivers for FreeBSD! ATI hasn't even managed Linux drivers yet.

I promise to be good from now - next card is definitely going to be a NV30. Have they named it yet?
  3. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

GeForce FX
  4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I've used mostly Power DVD. Is it THAT much noticeable of a difference?
  5. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

I notice it. I downloaded the demo from their website so you can decide for yourself. Just click here and you can download the 14 day trial yourself. I haven't registered it yet...
  6. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

I just bought WinDVD PRo for XP...not cheap either the bandits.

It is rather nice though :)

That screen shot is very good !
  7. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

Okay, that's it.

*adds a DVD-ROM to his christmas list*

I've gone on long enough without one of those, and I need to fill up my ATA-100 controller anyway.

(Then I'll get a higher watt PS, some more hard drives, and fill up my ATA-133 RAID controller, hehehehe...)