1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now the Saudis are Pissed at Obama

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Dec 16, 2013.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

And for the disclaimer purposes, I don't give two shits about the Saudis but we were told everyone would love us vis-a-vis our new Foreign Policy under Obama. You want to know something? It's even worse than it was under Bush.

In the latest example,

A leading Saudi prince demanded a place for his country at talks with Iran, assailing the Obama administration for working behind Riyadh's back and panning other recent U.S. steps in the Middle East.

Prince Turki al-Faisal, an Arab royal and a brother of Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal, said Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states were stunned by the secret American-Iranian diplomacy that led to the breakthrough deal between Iran and other world powers last month...
    "The U.S. gave us the impression that they were going to do things in Syria that they finally didn't," Prince Turki said on the sidelines of the World Policy Conference in Monaco. "The aid they're giving to the Free Syrian Army is irrelevant. Now they say they're going to stop the aid: OK, stop it. It's not doing anything anyway."

Saudi Royal Blasts U.S.'s Mideast Policy - WSJ.com

As mentioned, this is pretty bad because Saudis are rarely this blunt and vocal and this isn't just about Syria but entire Middle East. I find it weird that Saudis are on the same side as the Israelis on Iran, don't you? I mean do we believe this deal with Iran is a good one? Here's a few countries that think it's a huge mistake.

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

Leon, this one appears to be behind a paywall.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

4. Greg

Greg Full Member

Obama already conceded the Middle East to Russia and the other big players. He is teaching the world that America is a small player.