1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not really news but..,

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by -Ken, Nov 18, 2002.

1. -Ken

-Ken Guest

As I posted here, I won't be here for a while after today.

I had a great time here yesterday. For some reason,
    today is the reverse.

To that end, after today, I am going to take some
    much-needed time off from this place. I'm sure I'll
    come in and lurk once in a while but this will be my
    last post.

Good Bye.
    See you when/if I decide to come back.
    Love you all,

-Ken

2. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

Don't stay away too long Ken.

Peace.

3. mikeky

mikeky Member

Seconded.

4. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Oh, sure ;)
    You're not fooling me. This is wintertime in your neck of the woods!
    You won't even have time to post here, 'cause you'll be too busy shoveling snow!
    Hope to see you, after your adjourn.
    Regards,
    :_

5. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Ken:

If you feel as strongly as you say about your opinions, then you will not leave. Why do you let HaYwIrE get to you? Even if every person in here told me that I am an asshole, I would probably not leave. If anything, it would only make me more determined to voice my opinions. Oh yeah, and I'd call them a bunch of assfaces while I'm at at.

Whether people agree with you or not, you have to admit that the average IQ in here is much higher than anywhere else. At least it is compared to any place that I know of. Intelligent conversation can be very hard to find.

I don't believe that you are going anywhere. I'm surprised to even read something as "Stars Watercooler" as your post. By the way, I think HaYwIrE was joking. He is probably misunderstood more often than anyone else here. Just take a deep breath and relax. If you want to see people jumping all over ME, start a thread about the separation of church and state. That issue tends to make me very unpopular. In fact, I'm feeling rather masochistic today...perhaps I'll dig up a current event dealing with it and post something later. :)

6. jamming

jamming Banned

Ken,

This place will not be the same without you, who else can defend the indefensible, right the wrongs of the left, and generally make me and others toe the line with our explainations of how things really work. We would be more sloppy in our work with out you here to challenge our statements. We all need a vacation once and awhile, just don't forget your way back. Or I will have to go up to Vermont and find you and tie you to your keyboard, I am from Florida and you know how we hates cold. Besides no one could pick up your work load for liberalism. Even with Rredline kicking in I don't think that just anyone could do your job here. Besides don't you want to earn enough cash to change Haywire's tag line, mwwwhahahah.....

7. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Ken...
    Even though I have seldom agreed with you, I have both enjoyed and learned from your postings... We have different opinions, views and beliefs but that has not taken away from the fact that you are just as impassioned about them as I am of mine... I look forward to our next sparring session... Best of Luck! :)

As for you, RRedline... you're an asshole... ;)

Not at all... but I HAD to say it!!! :happy:

BDD... :{)

8. Domh

Domh Full Member

*sigh*

Id hoped it wouldnt come to this but FINE.

Ken, stick around like a good lad and Ill bring a damn good bottle of port up to your place sometime this winter. If you can put me up, we can solve the problems of the world over the course of an evening.

THERE!

The gauntlet has been dropped.

;)

9. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Please hurry back, Ken! We need you, and love you... no matter what!

I already miss you. :(