1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Korean Vessel Seized for Transporting SCUDs...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Sierra Mike, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

...Yemen protests, saying the shipment was a legitimate purchase bound for their ports. The DPRK also chimes in, maintaining that all nations must develop their militaries in order to confront the ravenous United States which, among other things the DPRK did not mention, was preventing Dear Leader Kim Jong-Il from receiving much-needed styling gel for his hair.

Read all about it at: Release Our Missiles, American Pigs!

Featured is a styling photo of Spanish marines fast-roping onto the ship in question.

SM

2. jamming

jamming Banned

Now the Question becomes how long before the Missiles are sold to Al Queda by their Supporters within the Yemeni Army?

3. claire

claire Registered User

It won't be long unfortunately:(

4. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

We're concerned about Iraq who has a leader who is nuts and might have weapons of mass destruction, when North Korea is sending SCUDS to Yemen, and Saudi Arabia, our "ally" is continuing to fund terrorism? I think we need to refocus our concerns...

5. mikeky

mikeky Member

Since release of the ship, it seems now this is not much more than an embarrassment to Yemen, which promised not to buy any more Scud parts from North Korea, but were caught with their hand in the Scud jar.

It's interesting that the Spanish stopped the ship. I imagine if the U.S. had stopped it, the outcry would have been far and wide.

6. Sierra Mike

Possibly...possibly...

Techie, as far as the SAs and Yemenis running around behind the scenes...they'd be more inclined to clean up their acts if and when the UN allows the US to kick Hussein's ass. Because, after all, they'll have the largest deployed Army in the new protectorate... ;)

SM

7. Sierra Mike

I'm very curious why the Yemenis are crying so loudly, even though the US has released the ship.

I'm also curious why the NKs would remove flag ID from the vessel and obscure the contents and manifests. Seems to me that removing the flag only invited a boarding.

SM

8. limeygit

limeygit Assume Sarcasm...

Why, if it was a legitimate transportation, were the parts hidden?

9. jamming

jamming Banned

Darn, we accidently lost the parts, do you have a bill of sale?

10. Ravenink

Ravenink Veteran Member

hopefully in the time the ship was seized some sort of tracking device was placed on those missiles. I would love to see them lead us to some terrorists.

11. jamming

jamming Banned

They have been allowed to go on to Yemen.

12. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

The fact that it was the Spanish ship and not an American one was probably just a coincidence.;)

13. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

So when do the NKs get their arses kicked? If we want to kick Saddam's for WMD whats the reponse to NK actions. I'm sure they are in a position to kick back harder than Iraq, and they don't have any oil. [Not even in their lamps.]:)

14. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

The war is on terrorism and the countries that harbor or support terrorism. Yemen will get her missiles. One can be assured that now that world attention is focused not only on Yemen but also North Korea, that efforts will be re-directed toward those two countries after the matter of Iraq is settled.

Because the attack by Al Queda was on American soil, and it's mission goal accomplished (the strike against our capitalistic economy) one can be assured also that more attacks will follow.
    Many have forgotten the terror of that attack as it becomes a fading memory. Not so our president. He, and he alone has put that act on the top of his priority list. One can see the determination and focus on the security of our nation and of her people despite the obstacles thrown in by political partisanship.

I remember the Democrats and Republicans standing side by side after that tragedy and vowing together to make security the top most agenda. Where is the unity now?

For those who see our president as some type of "moron" or warmonger all I can say is that his actions toward combatting this "Weltsmertz" follows the proper path. By going to the UN, and keeping the American people appraised he has done our country a great service.

When the attacks start happenning in other countries, and it will, we will garner more support. Countries still see this as a problem only between America and the terrorists and not what it really is, a war on civilizations and religion.