1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Korea Threatens "Holy War"

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Domh, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Domh

Domh Full Member

Hunh?!

This is just obscure. Since when does this sort of language come out of East Asia and the Middle East simultaneously?

Im looking for some insight from our members who live in Asia, have lived in Asia or anybody with a cogent opinion on what seems to me a rather obscure and strange turn of events.

:huh:

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Just to prove how silly, pathetic, and desperate N. Korea is getting with vying for attention.

It's like a kid who can't get his way.

3. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Jong Il to Convert to Islam...Film at 11

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Well, I guess that'll mean he'll have to stop all of his whoring and change out of his jumpsuit.

SM

5. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Why should he be any different from all the Arab Monarchies? They seem to get away with it. :p

6. Domh

Domh Full Member

A man with hair like that shouldnt be allowed to wear anything BUT jumpsuits... and the occasional gold chain.

Wonder if he has any tats?

;)

7. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Maybe he didn't get the memo - 'Holy War' was last year's catch phrase. I sorta feel sorry for him.

8. pupowski

pupowski Banned

I wondered How do you have a holy war when you don't believe in God or religion? It appears leftist Kim Jong iL has taken a cue from Sun Myung Moon, Korea's right wing deity.

"the last writings by Kim Jong-il show a definite intention to turn the allegedly "scientific" theoretical heritage of Kim Il-sung into a new religion for his people. Besides the well-known formula concerning "the immortal political life" provided to people through their unity and devotion to "the social and political organism" (i.e., the leader and his party), a new notion has appeared in recent writings: "service to the people as if to God." The unfolding of this expression presupposes that since the leader and people are a single whole, then the people should serve the leader as if they are serving God. The further development of these notions opens for the ideologists of the North Korean regime unending vistas for mastering the minds and feelings of the people by means of the new religion and of the idolized leader. In this respect, the achievements of sects like Aum Shinrikyo, the Unification Church of Reverand Sun Myung Moon, and others might look promising to ideologists within the North Korean regime." DPRK Report #7,may-june 1997

9. IamZed

IamZed ...

Bring on the Bling Bling. Didnt we have war with these guys once before? Wasnt it China that stopped us from the full push? We will be fighting WW3 and it wont be fun.

10. Sierra Mike

Yeah, but look for China to sit this one out.

SM

11. IamZed

IamZed ...

Those are good words. I would love to see China have the sense to sit it out.

12. Sierra Mike

They have no choice. They require American investment in their economy to succeed, and American money goes a long way toward modernizing their military. so they can launch an attack on Taiwan after 2008.

SM

13. IamZed

IamZed ...

Everyone I know that comes back from China describes new streets bordered by new factories. I would think they are the largest industrialist nation on earth. Thank your union buddy for that.

14. Sierra Mike

I'm sorry, what are you saying?

SM

15. IamZed

IamZed ...

I was saying that other countries compete against us and win because of the fact their employees have no union. I do not agree with no unions, but ours have gone to a point where there is no return with a prophet.
    All union jobs will be eliminated. This wont be good for honest unions that demand only what a man needs for his days work.
    However my life has been involved with automation. At ridicules prices. I design machines that replace people. The worse the economy gets the more work I get. This should be a kick ass year for me.
    Another thing: these machines do shit that no human should have ever been called on to do.
    I believe we have passed the point where we all could go home and let the machines just do all the work, but it presents a puzzle. What are we then?