1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Korea Payback

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by MemphisMark, Dec 23, 2014.

1. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

I'm surprised that this isn't already here.

North Korea dropped off the Internet yesterday. As in, ZERO machines in DPRK can communicate via the Internet. They have been hammered since Saturday in a DDoS attack that had been causing problems, but all of the four networks in DPRK "disappeared" Monday.

No one is claiming responsibility. It could be the US, or Anonymous, or someone else...

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

It's not the US. Most think it's a disgruntled movie goer who is disappointed that "The Interview" isn't being shown.

Taking down North Korea is child's play. With just 4 pipelines coming from China, any internet user with 200 bucks could easily cause the issues they saw.

3. Greg

Greg Full Member

Tom is right. There's probably thousands of hackers with botnets that could shut down NK with DDOS.

I could probably do it from my shared hosting account except that it wouldn't be distributed and I'd get an unpleasant phone call or email at best, or a knock on my door at worst.

I'm getting a dedicated server next month, but there too just one IP address. Even easier to find me since only my stuff at that IP address.

I talked to an FBI agent once on the phone (my call in). I'd hate to have a pair show up at my front door.

4. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

I know what really happened...

South Korea changed their WiFi password.

cmhbob likes this.
  5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Their NetZero free trial ran out.

rockotman likes this.
  6. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

They better switch from WEP to WPA2.

rockotman likes this.