1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob WoW Questions

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by SixofNine, May 3, 2005.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

My human mage is halfway to level 13. I'm having a pretty good time on lightly populated Skywall, so I think I'll continue to level up here. Just finished a run through Westfells with a level 12 Paladin. We each got our 16 Goretusk livers. :)

Mage/Warrior and Mage/Paladin make good duos. We must have killed about 30 Goretusk Boars (and some fleshrippers, coyotes, and bandits) to get 16 livers, and she pulled aggro off of me all but two times. Damn, I hated to leave, we were working so well together, but I haven't figured out how to do so without sleep yet. :)

Brian

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ok, one more Noob question. :p

How does one do screenshots?

I just realized this am that I am missing out on tremendous wallpaper opportunities. :happy: (I could use those sunsets here at dreary-old work, Ethics. :thumbsup: )

Frodo took me shopping last night to Iron Forge, (Thank you again!) then down to Stormwind via the tram and I was awe struck!

I got quite a few good items that I could use for my level with just under 2 Gold to spend. Including a very nice staff that was double damage what I had and that did +4 frozen damage too, and upgraded all my leather armor.
    I now have the ships/flight paths to get to the meetings now too. :thumbsup:

And I was sooo tired @ 2am, that I spent the 10+ silver to fly back to Darkshore where I am leveling, and then realized I could have just teleported back to the Inn with my stone :doh:

The view was well worth it though. :eek:

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I think it's just PRNT SCRRN key.

4. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

The great forge area in IF is breathtaking. I could sit there and listen to the music for hours while watching the lave fall from the ceiling.

I am happy you had fun in the Auction House. I go there a lot to look for better weapons and armor. I would be more then happy to take you again tonight. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, push the Print Screen button for screenshots. ;)

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:doh:

I should have known that... :cowers as all laugh and point:

Like I said, lack of sleep (WoW induced of course rofl ) had set in last night.

I think I'll wait until Sat to hit it up again.. I need more cash, and will be at least a 17-18 by then. :)

6. SixofNine

I have to get to the AH to sell some stuff. I've picked up several green items grinding in Westfall, most of which a mage can't use. I'm currently based at the Westfall Inn, so my ride to Stormwind is a short walk down the hill. :)

I have to deliver a letter to some geezer in the dwarf district of SW anyway, so I'll probably take the tram to Ironforge.

I've had some very productive duos in Westfall with a Palladin. We finally got around to chatting last night and it turns out he/she is in Perth, playing in the morning during my evening game sessions. :)

Brian

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Most of those I've "met" in the mornings when I find time to play (7-10am est) are from there too, but it's their night. Strange to think of the world that way, that you are right there with someone half way around the globe....
    I've found in my short time in this that most of the ones in our realm, at that time, from that area, are the most courteous of any I've ever played any online gaming with. (Outside of those in the guild)

Just adds to the atmosphere. :)

8. Frodo Lives

SixofNine, what server do you play on?

We have an opening in our guild if you want in. I already told our leader that several more people where coming to join and he was happy. So far only Andy has joined but I am hoping you will find your way over to our server.

9. SixofNine

Right now I'm on Skywall, whose population is still low. Performance and reliability on this server has been very solid.

However, the possibility of being in a guild with other GA folks is very appealing, even if it means trying to show my stuff in front of gamemaster Frodo. :) If I don't do it immediately I don't think it would be too long before I ask to join.

Noob question: when I switch servers, does everything come with me - my current quests, talents, professions, etc.?

Status: Level 13 mage getting through about four Westfall quests at same time.

Thanks,

Brian

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes!
    Do come! :)

From what I have read..

The only thing I saw mention of "losing" was the possibility of honor system stats. If you don't do PvP, then it's no worry. (We are on a role playing server anyways)

I am sure all your talents, gear, etc would transfer though.
    I know where the faq is on WoW's site but it's blocked where I am :(

11. Frodo Lives

I think most of the stuff comes with you. What lvl are you? If you are low lvl you could just start over if you wish, but you don't need to.

Red Rover, Red Rover, send SixofNine right over!! :haha:

Also, I have started a WoW Screenshot thread so add some of your own pictures to it.

12. SixofNine

Level 13. Would hate to start over, only because the things keep getting more interesting. :) I'll check the FAQ on the WoW web site.

Thanks,

Brian

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Noob learns something

File this one under Noob might have actually learned something...

Good side to Tuesday server maintenance?

Get to the auction house early in am (just before 8am est)
    Bid just a few pcs copper over current bid in items you like that have a less than 8 hour window left, that already have ridiculously low bids (if any) compared to the buyout price.
    Watch countdown to server shutdown while watching the fact that you are still highest bidder.
    Log off.
    Hope that auction times don't cease when servers go down. rofl

14. Frodo Lives

I found one strange note on the AH.

I placed an item up for auction twice and it didn't go either time. So I placed it up for a 3rd time and set the price to 10sp higher then the first 2 times. It went rather quickly. :nut:

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yes, that happened to me as well on my second auction.

I got back in anyways today 3 hours before the server maintenance was due to be over, and the "go away we're busy" message was still showing at login...

Won all the auctons I bid on, and I picked up 4 items for mere silver when the buyouts were 2-3 gold. :happy:
    Finally I am able to wear shoulder armor (see screenshots thread)..

And I must say so myself, I look rather snazzy in our tabard. :thumbsup:

16. SixofNine

I've gone off the deep end. During a brown bag lunch presentation at work I was thinking to myself "I have to go to the bank later," and then I realized that the bank is in Stormwind, not Virginia. :eek: :lol:

Brian

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So how many slots is your lunchbag? :lol:

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

N00b question 1937..

Enchanting.

When an item is enchanted, does it lose it's current attributes?

For example, say I had soulbound/green chest armor that already has +5 Agi and +9 Spi with a +32 thick armor kit attached, if I had +"x" mana enchanted onto it, will it lose any of the previous attributes?

Can blue items that seem to have several attribs attached also be enchanted for added damage/attrib? (i.e. my twisted chanter's staff)

Seeing as the only (active/listed) enchanter I know in the Guild is Malikus, I keep forgetting to ask him when I see him on. :doh:

19. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

The ONLY thing an item loses is the PREVIOUS enchantment.

Say you have a knife that's +5 str and +4 agi. You add 4 damage to it and all that happens is that you get 4 damage.

But say you want to get fiery enchantment on the same knife and if you did that, you would lose the +4 damage.

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sweet!
    Thanks. :)

Something else to toss my gold away on. :rofl: