1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob WoW Questions

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by SixofNine, May 3, 2005.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Yeah, I'm doing OK with the soulbound/BWE stuff. My question about food and water conjuring abilites don't really apply to that issue. I think all I have to do is make sure I have a friendly targeted before conjuring.

Brian

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yep, or you can right click and select TRADE from the menu. You can't trade with the horde if you are Alliance, and vice versa.

3. SixofNine

Yeah, I think trading will come in handy. :) When I'm in a group, I'm such a good guy that I want to give my party members food and water. :)

Brian

4. ethics

Honestly? That's why people want mages in their group (along with their enchantments --I.E. sheep).

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Wouldn't it be better to conjure up women instead? :lol:

6. SixofNine

Yeah, that polymorph spell is going to help a lot. I was in a group going after some aggressive mobs for their armbands (Riverpaw Gnoll Bounty). When they piled on somebody in my group, blasting one of them only aggro'ed them on me - not a good thing for a squishy class like a mage. :) If he got to me in reasonable health and none of our muscle had my back, I was dead. It would be much better to morph the second mob attacking a teammate and blast the first one until dead.

Brian

7. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

The warlocks can conjure these... :drool:

8. ethics

Heh, yah, and those have some nice graphics when they slap themselves in the ass.

9. SixofNine

You do have a point. The inns have bedrooms, too. :)

Brian

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Speaking of Inns....

Do you have to "rest" in an Inn when you leave, or can you just plop down anywhere and leave the game. (i.e. if oyu leave and rest in an area with baddies, can they get at you when you have left?) :huh:
    So far I'm going along just fine. I've only died about 6 times. rofl

Mental note, don't piss off a level 6 spider when you yourself are only a 4.

I'm up to a 6 Druid already, and have a few spells learned.

I've got this one quest where I've got to look for someone in a cave, yet I went through, killed the big spider, got killed by the small ones right after, and went back and cleaned out the entire cave. No body there I need to find.
    I then immediately got a quest to go BACK to the cave and kill mr big ass spider again and steal an egg. :doh:

Was awarded some nice equipment as a quest reward too. A decent staff and some armor.

Figures I've got to go to work early today.. but that means I'll be home by 9:30 :happy:

Oh, Ethics, I put your 2 character names in as "friends" but they show as "unknown" in the screen...

Any tips?

Thanks.

11. ethics

Perhaps I need to log in for the first time to show.

12. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

You don't need to rest in an Inn when you leave, but it's a damn good idea to be in a friendly town when you do. Otherwise when you log on you could find yourself getting killed. Also, it helps make you character fully rested which gives you 200% experience.

13. SixofNine

Yeah, standing in an inn or logging out from an inn are the fastest ways to increase your rest state. Logging out in one of the capital cities is also the equivalent of logging out in an inn.

It's meant to help those who have been logged out for a while, because the additional experience bonus from a rest state greater than 100% helps you to play catch-up by leveling up faster.

Brian

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks.. I did find the beds upstairs at my "home" Inn.... quite comfy. rofl

15. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

If anyone wants to join our guild must get in contact with me (Connavar) or ethics (Asheki) soon. There is a guild meeting later today so if anyone wants in, now is a good time.

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Me, Me, Me!!

I've whispered to you (Connovar) just now but you went offline right at the same time.

I also tried to talk with Ethics earlier (Drizzle) but I don't know if he saw me or if I was not doing it right? :confused:

I am Coriakin the NightElf Druid.

I'm on right now and should be at least logged in for a while.

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

W00T!

Great Guild guys. :)

Nuther question for the masses while I'm thinking about it and can't play here where I am... :(

I've found my way to Menethil Harbor and back to Auberdine where I am questing in my level range.

About how long would it take to run from Menethil Harbor to Ironforge in order to catch the tram to Stormwind?
    I'd like to get to the meeting in person next time. (The exploration experience wouldn't hurt either. ;))

I found a map of travel methods online, and I see it shows a hippogryph flight from Moonglade to Auberdine, but the only one I can find takes me back to Rut'therian village. :huh:

Map I'm looking at wrong?

18. ethics

You have to "activate" the flights. :)

Each time you are in a flight city, you have to come to the Gryphon master who will probablly have a green ! and just right click on him. A run from MH to IF is a long one. Do you have a flight path to Loch Modan? If not, that's where you run to from the harbor, then you run to the IF from there. Activate flight path at LM though and certainly Menethil harbor. ;)

19. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

When I was there, I found the Griphon Master for Menethil Harbor , but he told me I was unable to use him yet... I did get a "flight path learned" message though.. Do I need to hit the one in Loch Modan in order for that to work?

Btw.. the ship to Menethil Harbor was a blast..
    There was sort of a Guild meeting going on at the table inside of the ship's cabin. They were quite boring compared to the bunch I saw Saturday night. ;)

I did it at sunset. Breathtaking view!

When I finally got back to Menethil Harbor, I sat on the dock and watched the sun drop totally out of sight.

20. ethics

There are two continents (so far) and you probably activated all that NE use. Once you activate the ones in Loch and IF you will be golden. Make sure you activate one in Stormwind when you get there.

You ever try it at night? Amazing!

Kids today don't appreciate things like above. I certainly do and so do you, it seems. :)