1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"No New Content"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Arc, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Arc

Arc Full Member

Just a glitch I'm sure that will son rectify itself but starting today none of the posts made today appear under the new content menu for the forums. The posts themselves are being made OK though.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

If you check before the post has been caught with the search update, it's not going to show in View New Content. System is set to check every 5 minutes for new posts.

3. Arc

Arc Full Member

None of the posts made for the entire day, (quick checks shows about four hours worth today), showed up when I checked about 15 minutes ago after first going to the site for the day. Triple checked. But my post about it, your reply, and my post on Breitbart did appear. Welcome to the world of computers.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

There are so many inconsistencies with that option that I am surprised this is the only time someone raised the point, Arc. It's crap, it's one of the many reasons Biker is going to another venue altogether.

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Don't get me started... :banghead:

6. Arc

Arc Full Member

I mean the following in all good faith and good humor: Tom when you set up the new system you should rename the smilie shown as :banghead: to "Biker" or "Tom"! ;) Or maybe make it your Avatar? :)

7. Arc

Arc Full Member

Ah ha! NOW I know why so few of my posts get responded to by other members! :D

8. Arc

Arc Full Member

Just an FYI. Apparently the server/software has started a policy of "Not until I've had my coffee first thing in the morning" when it comes to the "New Content" feature. Once again none of the numerous post made starting this morning and spread out over a four hour period appeared in the "New Content" listing when I signed on. The posts are in the thread, of course, but just not in the "New Content." My coffee theory should be validated if this post appears in the section.

9. Arc

Arc Full Member

Yep. the previous post showed up in the "New Content." It's definitely the coffee syndrome. Speaking of which...

10. Arc

Arc Full Member

You know, maybe it's just a coincidence, but all of the new posts this morning and all that got bypassed all happen to be by ethics. :whistle:

11. Allene

Allene Registered User

Oh, I noticed it. But I just click again, and it gets it the second time and reports new posts.

12. Arc

Arc Full Member

We may be talking about different things. Maybe not. What I'm referring too has happen just during the past two days. Starting with the first new posts made in the morning and no matter how many of them or the time between them that start at say ballpark from 6 AM PST to 10 AM PST according to GA time, none of those post come up in the "New Content" menu choice when you click on it. No matter how many times you do it. They are all posted and clearly visible in the forums. But then Sometime a bit after that, all times estimates, the feature works normally. Naturally, its hardly the end of the world. :) It's just curious.