1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Biker, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

This notebook won't come close to meeting the minimum video standards. I'll have to wait until I'm back in the US and settled before getting a new system.
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Same such here,
  3. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Found this while wondering about my system. It's a little download, about 4MB, then you get the results. Supposed to work for any game.

No Man's Sky Requirements Test
  4. Biker

If minimum specs are calling for a nVidia GTX 480, there's no bloody way it's going to work on something running an Intel HD3000. :lolaway-5:
  5. Andy

I'm fucked at the last minute they announce it will ONLY run on Opengl 4.5 or DX11. My hardware meets specs, just not supported SOFTWARE specs drivers can do.

Even if I boocamp, can only do OpenGL 4.1

Yeah, happy birthday to me.......
  6. Biker

Could always attempt compiling your own. :D

Getting Started - OpenGL.org

But it looks like Apple has pretty much stopped OpenGL development with OS X, which I find very strange.
  7. Andy

I haven't been this bummed out about something in years.
  8. Andy

This guy actually had the balls last night on Twitter to say this hours after the game was released.

Lemme get this straight, you list a min spec for over a year, then AFTER the game releases, you decide "Well yes, you have min specs but you need higher than that"

Total dickpunch.

So, to recap.

In order to even THINK about playing a $60 game...

I need to either:

1. Give Sony $400 for PS4
    2. Spend ~$2000 on a new computer because my current $3000 computer can't run OpenGL4.5 (and neither can half the Vid cards thy insist Min Spec is needed for in the first place.)

At least I can be proud of myself here, I did't send them a dime yet, only thing I lost was hope, sanity, and trust in other humans.
  9. ethics

I've stopped trying to get my PC/MAC to work with games and have moved over to Consoles. Less bugs, more fluid, and voila. The key here (to save money) is to wait like 6 months after release for deals. Bonus benefit: all of the bugs are worked out by then.
  10. Andy

I was going to pull the trigger on a PS4 yesterday, but the fact that they all come bundled with shit I won't play and then I read that the PS4.5/Neo is due out soon, TBA in Early September.

So, between this game eventually getting debugged and optimized better and another coming to VR, I just may end up a PS4 user eventually..

The other one, Robinson: The Journey is being developed by Crytek, and I just happened to know the exec producer, he was the best man at my first wedding to his sister :p

11. Biker

I suck with consoles. LOL

I tried Destiny on a XBox last year and it was pretty sad.
  12. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I bought a PS4 and found the controls very difficult to use. Planning on giving it away. Guy where I used to work has asked me to name a price.
  13. ethics

Ok, so you know that saying that Rome wasn't built in a day? Same for getting good on PS4 controllers. Yes, when you've never used console controllers and are used to doing gaming on PC (which is not where these type of games belong) then you WILL want to sell it.

Here's what I did years ago when I thought the same thing, that there's never going to be a time I will ever do consoles because PC's just has better controls (which is a myth, it's all about being used to something). SO, back to the best way to get used to controls, no matter how old you are is to pick up a game you love, and identify what button does what, and then play the game.

You will suck, you will be horrendous, you will be just waiting to quit, but put the ego and all that shit away because no one is judging you. Before you know it, you are not that bad, then you are mediocre, then average, and whoa, I just did that... ???

Keep in mind consoles aren't a bunch of COD kids running around killing each other, at least no more than PC.
    ShinyTop likes this.
  14. Biker

True that. But with the little time I have to devote to gaming, purchasing a console just doesn't make much sense. Perhaps later, but for now, I accept that I really, really suck with console games. LOL
  15. Andy

Im currently re-enjoying Diablo3 on Torment level 1 after the last patch.

Completely burned out on SWTOR even though I have 4 months left on sub.
  16. ethics

On PS4? Or PC? I burned through D3 way back when. Fantastic game...

Oh, fellas, if you ever get a console... PLEASE do yourselves a favor and buy yourselves Witcher 3? It is one of the most amazing story lines, one of the most adult rated games to this day. Can't recommend it enough.

And no PC under 3K will handle those graphics the way PS4 does.
  17. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I've read all of the Witcher books that have official English translations except for the most recent one, which is sitting on my iPad. I played Witcher for a short while when I had some free time and would love to get back into it.
    ethics likes this.
  18. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

The PC Master Race has put you on its watch list. :D

19. Andy

Btw.. whilst fooling around with bootcamp tonight (I was bored, not desperate, I swear!) to find my suspicion is right, I can only go to OpenGL 4.4.... (cue Price is Right loser music)

I listened to this 40 minute wrap up from Total Biscuit.

He's on the money on a lot of points.

20. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!